New CAP recruiting site -LIVE-

Started by Lancer, February 21, 2008, 05:42:24 PM

chimera388

I have a problem nobody has addressed yet.  Why is it that when I click on the ES link, I go to CAP Adults?  Ummm, newsflash NHQ

CADETS DO ES TOO!

And visa versa, when I click Cadet Programs, it goes to CAP Teens.  Ummmm, I'm a senior member involved in cadet programs who was a cadet involved in ES.  ES is a pretty darn good recruiting tool for cadets.  Seriously.

mynetdude

Quote from: chimera388 on March 07, 2008, 12:18:08 AM
I have a problem nobody has addressed yet.  Why is it that when I click on the ES link, I go to CAP Adults?  Ummm, newsflash NHQ

CADETS DO ES TOO!

And visa versa, when I click Cadet Programs, it goes to CAP Teens.  Ummmm, I'm a senior member involved in cadet programs who was a cadet involved in ES.  ES is a pretty darn good recruiting tool for cadets.  Seriously.

Yes they do ES however I don't think memory eluded me that cadets are to make CP a priority, everything else is secondary and that includes ES and I am not saying they should not participate in ES or they can't.

I sure hope to see more cadets in ES... there are a lot of squadrons here in Oregon that have cadets who have never touched ES before.

mynetdude

Quote from: arajca on March 06, 2008, 10:53:35 PM
Quote from: NIN on March 06, 2008, 09:51:23 PM
Then there's my slogan: "Two and a half hours a week is a tough way to run an Air Force.."

That's one of the reasons we got the wing administrators.

At this point, some squadrons almost need a squadron admin (no I'm not talking about a senior member in the Admin duty assignment.  I am talking about an admin LIKE the wing admin... if we have to keep shoving paperwork... we're going to really see the need for one pretty soon if this keeps up.

RiverAux

FYI, there is a vestige of the US Civil Air Patrol fiasco remaining on that site -- Go to it and look at the top of your screen and you will read "The U.S. Civil Air Patrol." 

There is also another site that "competes" with us:  http://www.gocap.org

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: RiverAux on March 30, 2008, 06:44:14 PM
There is also another site that "competes" with us:  http://www.gocap.org

Considering that the page info says the site hasn't been updated since 17JUN07 I don't think its much of an "active competition".

What I'd like is for gocivilairpatrol to fix the friggin videos on the homepage!

DC

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 30, 2008, 07:54:08 PM
Quote from: RiverAux on March 30, 2008, 06:44:14 PM

Considering that the page info says the site hasn't been updated since 17JUN07 I don't think its much of an "active competition".

What I'd like is for gocivilairpatrol to fix the friggin videos on the homepage!
I haven't had any problems with the videos for a few weeks...  They are all working fine for me.

Quote from: RiverAuxThere is also another site that "competes" with us:  http://www.gocap.org
How does that compete? It looks like a mainly cadet resource site, and it hasn't been updated in forever...

♠SARKID♠

QuoteI haven't had any problems with the videos for a few weeks...  They are all working fine for me.

Theres one video that still doesn't work ("Coming attractions for your life" one).  It plays fine for about 10 seconds, and then a copy of the audio starts playing from the beginning while the original still runs.

RiverAux

The site is "competing" with the official site because the name is so similar to the one that I suspect we're going to be encouraged to promote on all our recruiting materials. 

♠SARKID♠

I think that the difference between govicivilairpatrol being a .com site and gocap being a .org combined with the difference in name should be enough to prevent the unwary surfer from mistaking the two.

SAR-EMT1

Personally why is it so impossible to make sure all of our site are .GOV or end with .af.mil ??
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student