Main Menu

Are you on strike?

Started by RiverAux, July 28, 2007, 08:26:02 PM

Are you participating in the so-called CAP Strike Against Corruption?

Yes
No

RiverAux

Our good buddy has declared July 28-August 11 to be the CAP Strike Against Corruption wherein CAP members decline to do just about everything CAP but ES response.  Are you on strike?

fyrfitrmedic

Not only am I not on strike, but with my students headed into two weeks of clinicals I'm freed up enough to make unit meetings and participate at the level I prefer.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

Pumbaa

Yes I am on strike!

I am not doing anything that will be a part of this august BS!  I am striking against the strike of our 'good buddy'! :angel:

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Flying Pig

Who is our "Good Buddy"?

Hadn't heard anything about it.  But Im gonna have to say "No".  The only thing its going to hurt is our local Sq.s by missing two meetings.  Sorry, we have a Group inspection coming up.

Pylon

I don't understand the concept of attempting to hurt the very organization you're supposedly volunteering for in an attempt to "help it clean up corruption."

As was said above, simply not participating in CAP activities generally will just hurt your local unit and make you less of a respected and effective leader.  It won't make anybody at the National level blink twice if Podunk Cadet Squadron can't hold their weekly cadet meeting or if nobody shows up to the East Nowhere Composite training activity.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MajorSER

We are not a Union.  We are Volunteers.

Why not do something positive to make a change rather than do nothing and hope that things will change.
Lt. Col. David Crockwell MLO
FC 07-09-08
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Я был там как солдатом

JC004

Am I on strike if I hadn't planned to do any CAP activities at the time?     ???

Pumbaa

1st Lt good question!

How about does a tree falling in a forest make any noise if no one is there to hear it?

Well if no one hears 'our friend' does he make any noise?

Better yet, if no one listens to 'our friend' does he have any relevance?

RiverAux

FYI, I thought fairly hard about even bringing up this topic, but feel that while it does give him some additional attention I was fairly confident that the results of the poll would show how silly the idea is. 

DeputyDog

I am not on strike. In fact, I'm making it a point to do more during the attempted strike period.

lordmonar

Quote from: Pylon on July 29, 2007, 12:39:55 AM
I don't understand the concept of attempting to hurt the very organization you're supposedly volunteering for in an attempt to "help it clean up corruption."

As was said above, simply not participating in CAP activities generally will just hurt your local unit and make you less of a respected and effective leader.  It won't make anybody at the National level blink twice if Podunk Cadet Squadron can't hold their weekly cadet meeting or if nobody shows up to the East Nowhere Composite training activity.

It's even worst than that.

What does national care if we do or do not show up for a meeting?  It's not like our squadrons send up attendance records.

Now if RAYRAY was proposing to stop doing ES or a NCSA then maybe he would have gotten some visibility....I mean if no one showed up for Blue Beret (the NCSA going on right now) then maybe National may be scared.  But....don't do any paper work?  Don't go to meetings for two weeks?  My squadron only meets ever other week! 

Not only is RAYRAY's plan unethical but it is tactically and strategically unsound.

JC004

Quote from: 2d Lt FAT and FUZZY on July 29, 2007, 01:08:00 AM
1st Lt good question!

How about does a tree falling in a forest make any noise if no one is there to hear it?

Well if no one hears 'our friend' does he make any noise?

Better yet, if no one listens to 'our friend' does he have any relevance?

I believe what you meant to say was "If a tree falls in the forest, do the other trees laugh at it?"   >:D

BillB

I'm on strike. I'm not doing anything for CAP July 28 to Aug 11.  Oh wait, I just remembered, I'm not a current member of CAP.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

flyerthom

TC

lordmonar

RogueLeader

[sarcasm]There's corruption? Here?? In the World??? NO!!!!! I have to stop living!!!! I have to make a stand!!!!!!!!!   Maybe if I do NOTHING, MAYBE they will notice that I am doing nothing and say "Oh MY GOSH!! What was I thinking!! I've been wrong for soooo long.  I MUST STOP!!! HOW can I fix this.  I must resign to better the Organization!!!"
[/sarcasm]

Ahem, I don't think so.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Major Carrales

This is just rhetoric for the disgruntled...during the "Strike" our unit has had a boost in membership, attended several important Cadet activities and done a good job of keeping the momentum going in our area.  At the risk of sounding condescending, that is what CAP is about...LOCAL PEOPLE serving their COMMUNITIES, STATES and NATION...not playing politics like this was Ancient Rome or Tammany Hall.

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

O-Rex

Strike?

Heck no!

In fact, I'm flying my but off next week.

Sleep tight, America. . . .

shorning

Ah...sounds like we're playing right into his plan... ::)