Main Menu

Ready for eServices 2.0?

Started by Panache, May 18, 2014, 11:16:16 PM

Panache

Apparently, NHQ has been re-designing / re-coding eServices, and the "eServices 2.0" (my term) has been in beta for a couple of months and "will probably be released in a month or two."

I caught a five-second glance of it during the PAWG wing conference when it was brought up on an overhead projector hooked up to a laptop.  All I know is what was said above.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Panache

Quote from: Eclipse on May 18, 2014, 11:27:23 PM

Now, if only somebody with some elite photoshop skillz could change the shirt to the CAP polo...

Walkman

I had a brief opportunity to be a part of the member group that was advising and assisting on this. Brief in that I was able to do a couple of initial conference calls and then I had to bow out as my spare time to work on the project disappeared quickly. However, the other members involved were way more skilled and knowledgeable that I am when it comes to web development. Hopefully these true web professionals were able to direct NHQs team to build something solid.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Panache on May 18, 2014, 11:36:35 PM
Now, if only somebody with some elite photoshop skillz could change the shirt to the CAP polo...

Ask and ye shall receive...  And you did mean to ask for proper grey trousers too, right?   >:D

Panzerbjorn

Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

BFreemanMA

This definitely just made my day  ;D  :clap:
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

JeffDG

I've not seen anything on eServices 2.0, but last I heard, WMIRS 2.0 was in final testing now, with a projected release date of June 1.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Panache

Quote from: JoeTomasone on May 19, 2014, 03:12:26 PM

Ask and ye shall receive...  And you did mean to ask for proper grey trousers too, right?   >:D

You, sir, are a boss.

A.Member

Who's providing the requirements?  How are they ensuring that they are focused on driving change to things we need?
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

JeffDG

Quote from: A.Member on May 19, 2014, 05:12:17 PM
Who's providing the requirements?
The Echelons Above Reality 
Quote from: A.Member on May 19, 2014, 05:12:17 PMHow are they ensuring that they are focused on driving change to things we need?
It will meet their needs well.  Any ancillary improvement for operational capability is a bonus.

arajca

Quote from: JeffDG on May 19, 2014, 05:14:10 PM
Quote from: A.Member on May 19, 2014, 05:12:17 PMHow are they ensuring that they are focused on driving change to things we need?
It will meet their needs well.  Any ancillary improvement for operational capability is a bonus completely unintentional consequence.
FTFY

A.Member

Quote from: JeffDG on May 19, 2014, 05:14:10 PM
It will meet their needs well.  Any ancillary improvement for operational capability is a bonus.
:D
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Panache

Quote from: JeffDG on May 19, 2014, 03:47:55 PM
I've not seen anything on eServices 2.0, but last I heard, WMIRS 2.0 was in final testing now, with a projected release date of June 1.

WMIRS 2.0 was also mentioned, as well as back-end improvements to ORMS.

Tim Day

Or did someone sneak in a picture of our new corporate polo?
Tim Day
Lt Col CAP
Prince William Composite Squadron Commander

Panache

Quote from: Tim Day on May 19, 2014, 06:42:50 PM

Or did someone sneak in a picture of our new corporate polo?

(*cough*)

Eclipse

Ahhhhhh!   Not the dreaded "non-uniform uniform".

"That Others May Zoom"

JackFrost3k

Quote from: Walkman on May 19, 2014, 02:50:32 AM
I had a brief opportunity to be a part of the member group that was advising and assisting on this. Brief in that I was able to do a couple of initial conference calls and then I had to bow out as my spare time to work on the project disappeared quickly. However, the other members involved were way more skilled and knowledgeable that I am when it comes to web development. Hopefully these true web professionals were able to direct NHQs team to build something solid.

You're talking about current CAP members right?  :o

Tim Medeiros

eServices 2.0 (working name), which is mainly a "style change" for the main pages of eServices at this point, has been in testing for roughly a year.  It should be made available for members probably in a few weeks to get even more feedback, other than just the members testing now.

As for WMIRS 2.0, rumor has it that the testing/release schedule got pushed back due to the need for additional feedback.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811