Main Menu

Aug 2012 NB Agenda

Started by arajca, July 29, 2012, 03:45:11 AM

The CyBorg is destroyed

I personally am sceptical that the uniform recommendations will do little other than to codify what already exists and close a few loopholes.

Meaning: clean-shaven, H/W compliant get to wear the AF uniform.  Otherwise - grey/white/blazer, like it or lump it.  To do anything else would tick the AF off. ::)
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

krnlpanick

Quote from: BrannG on August 03, 2012, 05:25:27 PM
All this talk over the IT ES Ratings aside.. the topic is the agenda as a whole.. sooo...

After some study and knowing how corporate minutes and agenda works, here is a heads up on we *will* see but isn't listed.

We should see the following:

1) (The Uniform) "Committee is working on Phase 3, the final phase, of its comprehensive review of all CAP uniform combinations.  It will present its report, including a summary of all phase recommendations to the Summer NB in Baltimore." - NEC Meeting / May 2012

2) "Government Issued" ID card project should issue a status report, final report should be around the Winter Board or Summer Board 2013. - Feb 2010 NB Minutes

This will prove to be a BIG uniform review per "The National Board has placed a hold on all uniform changes pending a review of the entire CAP uniform structure. This review is ongoing by the CAP National Uniform Committee and a draft report will be presented to the Summer National Board Meeting in Baltimore in August 2012. The presentation will be available online via webstream but all CAP members are encouraged to attend." (may include ABU, but I doubt it, after all per Col. White, the USAF did approve the ABU for CAP but the uniform "distinctiveness" needed to be ironed out and approved)

So we know this much - the National Board this year will be very eye opening on what may be to come of the CAP Uniform structure as well as several other great points.

I myself am eager to see what "new business" isn't listed :)

Is there any indication where the stream of the review will be available yet? I will unfortunately be unable to attend - I was hoping to be able to swing it since Corp HQ for my job is in Columbia, MD and I had to plan a trip around the same time, but it turns out I will be in SF while it is going on at a software convention.
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

BrannG

I am sure they will post it in the new's feed of e-services as well as on facebook, least that is my guess. You know - better late then never and all ;)

Lackland Cadet Squadron - SWR-TX-007 2012-Current
Kelly Composite Squadron - 42178 (Deactivated) 1994-2000
Cadet from 1994-1998
Senior Member from 1998-2000, 2012-Current
United States Air Force 2000-2006, 0-3

PHall

They didn't have a feed from the NEC meeting due to low numbers of viewers. They decided the money was better spent elsewhere.
And everything I've seen so far points towards no feed from the NB for the same reasons.

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on August 06, 2012, 05:21:18 AM
They didn't have a feed from the NEC meeting due to low numbers of viewers. They decided the money was better spent elsewhere.
And everything I've seen so far points towards no feed from the NB for the same reasons.

I don't see the need - it make C-Span look like the Olympics.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Are any CAPTalkers going who would be willing to post a blow-by-blow report during the NB meeting?

A separate, sticky thread with ONLY the reports (no opinions or discussions on those reports) and CAPTalkers can take specific posts out to new threads to discuss/curse/blaspheme/etc. I realize that would take agreement amongst CAPTalkers, but for one thread I hope it would be easy to get.

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on August 06, 2012, 05:23:04 AM
Quote from: PHall on August 06, 2012, 05:21:18 AM

I don't see the need - it make C-Span look like the Olympics.
It was nice to have....but I agree with not spending the money for low viewship.  I do like how they taped and posted most of the session though.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

NCRblues

I have been pretty silent on this as of late...

BUT, with the guaranteed governance changes, and the uniform report I think the money to stream this year's summer NB would be well spent. I know lots of people who would not normally watch are much more interested in this years meeting. I believe it is important for the membership to be able to hear and see first hand what is going on with a massive re-due.... just MHO of course
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

arajca

Given the past history of streaming these meetings, all the important stuff would end up not being seen since they have not been able to maintain a constant stream. It usually drops when interesting stuff comes up and more folks tune in.

I'm not suggesting this could not be overcome, but I don't think the desire is there to overcome the problems.

Eclipse

^ Seeing and hearing it "live" won't change the result any more then they could have done anything with Curiosity if the thing came in upside down.

The governance issues appear to be out of the hands of the NB, and if the changes anticipated occur, there won't be any more elections, so knowing "who said what" isn't going to make much difference.

"That Others May Zoom"