Plastic encased insignia

Started by davedove, January 18, 2007, 04:13:11 PM

davedove

Can anyone tell me the purpose of the plastic encased insignia that's worn on the uniforms?  Not just for CAP, but why is it used instead of simple pin-on insignia?
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Smokey

The AF went to the encased insignia for the flight suits years ago because the metal pin on ones would snag on the shoulder harness in the aircraft.  Then someone got the bright idea for embroidered insignia.......and CAP is finally starting to catch up....already aproved for the dark blue flight suit and they have requested embrodered for the gree zoom bag from the Air Force.

One note on the encased....I've seen many where water gets into the encased insignia and fogs up or destroys the insignia itself----they are not really metal inside.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

DNall

^ already approved on green flt suit also. color on ultramarine. Mines already sen on & it looks funny I tell ya, but I think it's a good idea cause it was pretty dang tough to tell before w/o a good look.

Smokey

When was it approved for green zoom bag.....last I heard from Ms Parker they were still waiting for AF okey dokey.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

SarDragon

As I indicated on another thread, there's nothing on the street here yet.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret