Uniform poll -- Adult leaders of Cadets

Started by RiverAux, January 15, 2007, 04:48:47 PM

What uniform would you like to see required for adult leaders of cadets?

Current mix of uniforms
23 (34.3%)
AF-style only (no height/weight requirements -- like CG Aux)
11 (16.4%)
AF-style only but must meet height/weight requirements
26 (38.8%)
CAP uniforms only (blue flight suits, BBDUs, TPUs, etc).
5 (7.5%)
CAP civilian uniforms (gray slacks/golf shirt, etc.)
2 (3%)
Totally civilian.  Wear what you want at all times.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Guardrail

Quote from: dcpacemaker on January 16, 2007, 01:31:39 AMIf it's good enough for JROTC, NJROTC, MCJROTC, CGJROTC, AFJROTC, ACA, and the Young Marines, it can't be that bad of an idea for CAP.

<a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZNxdm824YYUS%2526i%253D4%252F4%255F1%255F9%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0

Great point!  However, I don't think there's a Coast Guard JROTC.

Tags - MIKE

Pace

Quote from: Guardrail on January 16, 2007, 02:38:05 AM
There are a few CGJROTC units out there, but not many.

EDIT: The MAST Academy in Miami, FL has a CGJROTC unit.  Their annual curriculum guide has it on page 51 and 52 here. [Warning: large pdf document.  It's easier to save it on your computer first.]
Lt Col, CAP

Pumbaa

Funny... Right now I am a little bit over weight.. Most people cannot tell since I carry most of the weight in my upper body (chest).  Since I am over weight I figured.. well I cannot wear my AF or BDU's, why not just wear the Senior Greys?  Personally I hate the golf shirt.. tacky for meetings..

Now should I drop the 10 lbs, I will then shave my goatee and then I can go BDU, Blues..

Meanwhile I was looking at the corporate...  Blue af pants, Aviator shirt, blue tie, blue eppliets(sp).. I actually like the way that looks.  I don't like the grey boards on the blue, just visually is ugly to me... hmmmm.. only have to go by grooming on the crporate.

but I digress...

How many seniors are wearing the blues and/ or BDUs and they should NOT be?  I came across a photo on a CAP blogging site of a man at least 50 lbs overweight AND a FULL beard and mustache wearing CAP BDU's perhaps others here have seen this photo?!!!!  Now Being that I cannot say too much on the next one, for fear of revealing someone on the net.. Let's just say that I recently witenssed a HIGHER rank Senior officer in blues, not only were they sorta grungy, but he was also overweight by 30+ lbs... his mustache also was not reg.

Interesting.. ;)

Pace

Quote from: 2nd LT Fairchild on January 16, 2007, 02:47:29 AM
Let's just say that I recently witenssed a HIGHER rank Senior officer in blues, not only were they sorta grungy, but he was also overweight by 30+ lbs... his mustache also was not reg.
Was the braid on his sleeve silver?
Lt Col, CAP

Guardrail

Quote from: dcpacemaker on January 16, 2007, 02:45:33 AM
Quote from: Guardrail on January 16, 2007, 02:38:05 AM
There are a few CGJROTC units out there, but not many.

EDIT: The MAST Academy in Miami, FL has a CGJROTC unit.  Their annual curriculum guide has it on page 51 and 52 here. [Warning: large pdf document.  It's easier to save it on your computer first.]

Ok, sir.  I learn something new every day.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: dcpacemaker on January 16, 2007, 02:50:22 AM
Quote from: 2nd LT Fairchild on January 16, 2007, 02:47:29 AM
Let's just say that I recently witenssed a HIGHER rank Senior officer in blues, not only were they sorta grungy, but he was also overweight by 30+ lbs... his mustache also was not reg.
Was the braid on his sleeve silver?

Let's face it, there'll be some out there who will stuff themselves into a two-sizes-too-small AF service dress uniform and swear up and down they're within weight regs. And some field-grade officers who can't count the proper number of 'farts and darts' on the bus driver cap (four for Maj-Col, six for generals).
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

RiverAux

I think it is intersting that the board apparently believes it is more important for adult leaders of cadets to wear the AF-style uniforms when compared to the poll on general adult uniform choices which indicated strong support for the existing mix of multiple uniforms styles and types. 

Its not too surprising though.  After all, cadets don't have the choice of wearing CAP or civilian uniforms, so why should the adults directly in charge of them.  Having them wear AF-style uniforms well would definetely help set a good example. 

SAR-EMT1

If it helps enliven the discussion: every senior at my unit wears the AF blues or the BDUs ..however all are all prior service, and one is a retired Command E-9
(I was medical'd out of college/ ROTC so I guess I'm the exception)  >:(
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

SAR-EMT1

And thats not just those dealing with the midgets, thats all of us.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student