Main Menu

Patches (again)

Started by afgeo4, January 10, 2007, 08:45:33 AM

James Shaw

I may be able to help with the patch design depending on how soon you need it. I usually try to follow CAP Protocal in the Design and General Heraldry rules. I will help with the design at no charge if your time requirement allows and you send me a few for the National Archives Collection once they are done. That is part of what I do for the historical group. I have alot of design experience for these things. I designed some awards that are going to be voted on by the Board in March.

Distinguished Flying Award
Aerial Achievement Award
Border Patrol Award (Re-Issue)
Incident Commander Badge
Drug Demand Reduction Badge (New Specialty Track)

There is also a company I use to order pacthes from when I owned my DOJO and they had pretty good prices. You can try them. The company was called The Bold Look. They specialize in Martial Arts related materials but they do other stuff as well.

Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

afgeo4

Quote from: mikeylikey on January 11, 2007, 02:33:16 PM
Quote from: LtCol White on January 11, 2007, 02:16:36 PM
afgeo4, $2.85 for 150 is high. Take a look above at where i listed the prices that Vanguard quoted me.

Maj C, I've never found a manufacturer yet who will make anything less than 100 patches unless you are willing to pay a ridiculous amount. They will tell you themselves that it just isn't cost effective for them. Now, what you could do is to start a fund in the SQ that is voluntary and ask for members to contribute whatever amount they want towards getting a new patch. THis way, no one can complain since the whole purpose is to get the patch and it isnt taking away funds for anything else.

Make sure you send all your money to Wing HQ, don't forget the new banker program!

You mean the new Wing Banker program? NYWG isn't doing it. We're so far going with Group banker system since it's a large wing with many groups.
GEORGE LURYE

Eclipse

Quote from: afgeo4 on January 12, 2007, 06:00:56 PM
You mean the new Wing Banker program? NYWG isn't doing it.

You will...

"That Others May Zoom"

afgeo4

Quote from: Eclipse on January 15, 2007, 01:05:10 AM
Quote from: afgeo4 on January 12, 2007, 06:00:56 PM
You mean the new Wing Banker program? NYWG isn't doing it.

You will...

Perhaps, but my understanding is that the Region CC (now I believe the future Chief of Staff/NHQ) approves of it.
GEORGE LURYE