Non locking thread- hopefully.

Started by RogueLeader, April 02, 2007, 08:22:30 PM

Major Lord

Quote from: Major Carrales on July 03, 2007, 05:20:39 AM
Quote from: 12211985 on July 02, 2007, 12:52:55 PM
All I want for Christmas is for CAP to be called "Civil Air Patrol", not "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" and for the American flag patch to not be worn on the BDU for CAP because that's an Army thing and CAP isin't the auxiliary of the Army. 

Maledicat Dominus; vade retro  Listen up, "One note Charlie" give it a rest.  vade retro 

God Curse him? Get behind?

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

RogueLeader

Have any Seniors gone- or will go- to an encampment this summer?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Major Lord

I will be staffing the Cadet Survival School, which replaces the Advanced Training Flight, of the CAWG encampment. We will party like it's 1999!

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

RogueLeader

What position are you staffing?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SARMedTech

Quote from: CaptLord on July 10, 2007, 08:20:22 PM
All I want for Christmas is for CAP to be called "Civil Air Patrol", not "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" and for the American flag patch to not be worn on the BDU for CAP because that's an Army thing and CAP isin't the auxiliary of the Army. 

Maledicat Dominus; vade retro  Listen up, "One note Charlie" give it a rest.  vade retro 

Capt. Lord

Actually, Im pretty sure that the American Flag is an American thing. I wear one on my EMS uniforms and m wildfire helmet, my fire fighter friends wear them on their helmets and work uniforms, my LEO father wore one for 37 years on his uniform and sleeve and there is one flying in my front yard. Im pretty sure my house isnt an Army base. Get over it, kiddo.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Eagle400

Quote from: SARMedTech on July 16, 2007, 12:54:20 AM
Actually, Im pretty sure that the American Flag is an American thing. I wear one on my EMS uniforms and m wildfire helmet, my fire fighter friends wear them on their helmets and work uniforms, my LEO father wore one for 37 years on his uniform and sleeve and there is one flying in my front yard. Im pretty sure my house isnt an Army base. Get over it, kiddo.

Then please explain to me why the Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard don't wear the American flag on their BDUs.  I believe it's because the uniform it patriotic enough without the American flag.  The only reason the Army wears the American flag on the BDU is because of tactical reasons.  CAP has no tactical reason to wear the American flag patch on the BDU. 

Wearing the American flag on a BDU that represents both the Air Force and CAP is like wearing an American flag pin on the blues.  It's patriotic, but not proper.  The uniform itself is patriotic enough.

Also, SARMedTech, your argument about police and firefighters and EMTs wearing the American flag patch holds no water because CAP is not the auxiliary of the any police dept, fire dept, or EMT dept.  CAP is the auxiliary of the USAF, and the USAF does not wear the American flag on the BDU.

Finally, with "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" on the branch tape, there's no reason to wear the American flag patch on the CAP BDU.  The "U.S." does a good enough job identifying the wearer as American.     

Skyray

You guys would rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic as she was slipping beneath the waves.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

RogueLeader

Quote from: 12211985 on July 16, 2007, 07:33:35 PM

Then please explain to me why the Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard don't wear the American flag on their BDUs.  I believe it's because the uniform it patriotic enough without the American flag.  The only reason the Army wears the American flag on the BDU is because of tactical reasons.  CAP has no tactical reason to wear the American flag patch on the BDU. 

Wearing the American flag on a BDU that represents both the Air Force and CAP is like wearing an American flag pin on the blues.  It's patriotic, but not proper.  The uniform itself is patriotic enough.

Also, SARMedTech, your argument about police and firefighters and EMTs wearing the American flag patch holds no water because CAP is not the auxiliary of the any police dept, fire dept, or EMT dept.  CAP is the auxiliary of the USAF, and the USAF does not wear the American flag on the BDU.

Finally, with "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" on the branch tape, there's no reason to wear the American flag patch on the CAP BDU.  The "U.S." does a good enough job identifying the wearer as American.     

I really think that we have beat this dead horse long enough.  It is a regulation.  If it really bothers you that much, rejoin and submit a proposal up the Chain of Command.  I'm fairly sure that most of us are sick and tired of hearing of it. 
As a counter to your view, I think that we should have flags on BOTH shoulders.  I felt this way BEFORE Flags were required.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eagle400

Quote from: RogueLeader on July 17, 2007, 01:20:05 AMI really think that we have beat this dead horse long enough.  It is a regulation.  If it really bothers you that much, rejoin and submit a proposal up the Chain of Command.  I'm fairly sure that most of us are sick and tired of hearing of it. 
As a counter to your view, I think that we should have flags on BOTH shoulders.  I felt this way BEFORE Flags were required.

If the Air Force did it, I'd have no problem with CAP doing the same.  Simple. 

RogueLeader

Drop it or DO something about it. STOP talking about it. Period.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SARMedTech

Quote from: 12211985 on July 17, 2007, 02:04:27 AM
Quote from: RogueLeader on July 17, 2007, 01:20:05 AMI really think that we have beat this dead horse long enough.  It is a regulation.  If it really bothers you that much, rejoin and submit a proposal up the Chain of Command.  I'm fairly sure that most of us are sick and tired of hearing of it. 

If the Air Force did it, I'd have no problem with CAP doing the same.  Simple. 

Youre not even in the organization yet. Join up and then start sending your complaints up the chain. The AF doesnt wear ultramarine tapes either, but we do. To my knowledge, no other branch of the service wear ultramarine tapes, but we do. Get over it.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

RogueLeader

Anybody going to an encampment this year?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SARMedTech

Quote from: RogueLeader on July 17, 2007, 03:14:04 AM
Anybody going to an encampment this year?

Why no, LT, I will not have the privilege of attending encampment. Will you be going and if so in what capacity?  ;D
"Corpsman Up!"

RogueLeader

Sorry no, my change in life precludes me from attending.  I do, however look foreward to participating in the future.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eagle400

Quote from: SARMedTech on July 17, 2007, 03:01:57 AM
Youre not even in the organization yet. Join up and then start sending your complaints up the chain. The AF doesnt wear ultramarine tapes either, but we do. To my knowledge, no other branch of the service wear ultramarine tapes, but we do. Get over it.

That's not what I was referring to.  You need to go back and read what was written. 

flyguy06

Quote from: CaptLord on July 10, 2007, 08:20:22 PM

Capt. Lord

No, its an Army thing. We are referencing the military services since thats what CAP is supposed to be an auxillary of. We are not talking about civilian organizations like EMS, fire or police.

As far as the military is concerned, the Army is the ONLY serivce thatwears a American flag in the CONUS. The Air Force does not so I am inclined to agree that we should not do this practice.

RogueLeader

We did, the subject is long over. DROP IT!!!! MOVE ON!!! If you can't, kindly refrain from posting on this thread. We are TIRED of talking about it.  Your opinion is known, you have nothing more to explain on it or you would have already.  IF you want it to change NOW-- rejoin and send a petition up the Chain of Command, IF you chose not to, let it drop and be done with it.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RiverAux

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 02, 2007, 08:22:30 PM
Here's a thread that can flow and change as the conversation goes.  Just don't say anything you would be embarassed about if posts are questionable.

Sorry Rogue, even though I generally support the wishes of the thread starter in regards to thread drift, you dug your own grave when you opened with the above. 

RogueLeader

True, but there comes a point when a topic is soooo dead that only GOD himself can revive it.  The American Patch is one of those topics that has reached that point.  I also feel that there is a chance that the continued spread of that topic into this thread will cause it to close.  That is the ONE thing that I do not want to happen, and if I have to admonish a person to do so, I will.  If you notice, I did so in a polite, yet firm way, here and other places to drop it.  He hasn't so I feel the need to be more firm.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

Not to mention the conversation had moved away, he reintroduced a topic, it didn't drift there.  There is no connection between the encampment conversation and the Flags.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340