Main Menu

Meter Reading?

Started by JBurke, February 10, 2010, 09:44:10 PM

RiverAux

No one is forcing them or anyone to do anything.  Don't want to fly around reading meters, you don't have to.  Thats why we're called volunteers.

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on February 12, 2010, 02:16:42 AM
Quote from: RiverAux on February 11, 2010, 11:24:40 PM
Assisting cities in this manner is quite obviously a way private citizens (us) can contribute to the public welfare. 

What's next?  Garbage collection?  Building code enforcement?  How about parking enforcement?

No payroll, no benefits, there's literally no end to the ways we can exploit our members to help balance city budgets!
What is the fundemental difference between that and the stuff we do now?

SAR/DR/Cadet Programs/CD.....we do all these things to help the government blanance their budgets.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JoeTomasone

Quote from: lordmonar on February 12, 2010, 03:42:38 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on February 12, 2010, 02:16:42 AM
Quote from: RiverAux on February 11, 2010, 11:24:40 PM
Assisting cities in this manner is quite obviously a way private citizens (us) can contribute to the public welfare. 

What's next?  Garbage collection?  Building code enforcement?  How about parking enforcement?

No payroll, no benefits, there's literally no end to the ways we can exploit our members to help balance city budgets!
What is the fundemental difference between that and the stuff we do now?

SAR/DR/Cadet Programs/CD.....we do all these things to help the government blanance their budgets.

Those are common municipal functions.  The things we do are not.

Civil Air Patrol... Performing Missions Meter Reading For America...

Yeah, I wouldn't join either.

lordmonar

Okay....I'm out.

I sometime can't stand the negitive attitudes.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

heliodoc

No negative attitudes there, lordmonar

Just go ahead and push that in front of your city council and mayor next time...you just might get a bite

Or laughter from the Public works and water department

Can stand negative attitudes...just push this idea in front the paid workers next time ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) You might  see a negative 'tude or two!!

Work side by side with the community and count in kind payment  ( what a volunteer is worth on independentsector.org.)

Just remember to keep you in kind labor rates on proper documentation, then the city council and mayor may look more favorably upon it BECAUSE you are documenting in kind labor.  I personally oversaw grants for the Forest Service in fuels reduction using the above methods and NO way replace anyone doing major operations

We had CAP and others VOLUNTEER their  time to work side by side with Public Works while the PAID workers got PAID and volunteers volunteered...No one volunteer even suggested we replace workers during these logging operations.  The mayors and city councils I worked with thought that was the best way to do things.  No one CLAIMED, in any of the volunteer groups, that they would "replace" paid workers

So when CAP wants a project...just be RDH that the community even recognized CAP as my operations did.  CAP replaced no one.  They worked along side the REAL WORKIN PRO's Public Works and loggers.  I'm sure there are CAPers out there that could replace loggers, right

RIIIGHT I am sure CAP could...NOT!!

ammotrucker

This is nothing different then a squadron in may Group that did a photo mission of the entire county for GIS purposes.  I see nothing wrong with the project other then it may seem odd.  I do believe that with this type of mission you do need a Commerial pilot rating as you as a pilot profits by not having to pay, which is the way my Squadron in the end had to do it.
RG Little, Capt