Anyone have a Beaver checklist or manual in computer format?

Started by AlaskanCFI, April 02, 2007, 11:43:04 PM

AlaskanCFI

I was just wondering if anyone had made up their own DH2 Beaver check-list or had a flight manual in their squadron that was in a computer send-able format.   
I need to head up to another squadron with a Beaver to improve my skills, but I would like to bone up on book info as much as posible before I head that way...
Alex
Major, Squadron Commander Stan-Eval..Instructor Pilot- Alaska Wing CAP
Retired Alaska Air Guard
Retired State of Alaska Law Dawg, Retired Vol Firefighter and EMT
Ex-Navy, Ex-Army,
Firearms Instructor
Alaskan Tailwheel and Floatplane CFI
http://www.floatplanealaska.com

bosshawk

Just a suggestion.  The US Army Museum at Fort Rucker, Alabama, might have what we called a -10 manual in their collection.  They might even have an extra one that they would provide to you.  It has only been 40 years since I flew a Beaver, so I am no help.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

AlaskanCFI

Some wings have checklist for their aircraft on their web sites.  For some odd reason I can't find a Beaver checklist on ours.  Although we probably do more Beaver flying.   
Go figure....
Retired Alaska Air Guard
Ex-Navy, Ex-Army,
Firearms Instructor

PHall

Quote from: AlaskanCFI on April 06, 2007, 11:42:18 PM
Some wings have checklist for their aircraft on their web sites.  For some odd reason I can't find a Beaver checklist on ours.  Although we probably do more Beaver flying.   
Go figure....

That's because the rest of us were forced to give up all of our tail draggers by National.
At one time California Wing had 2 Beavers and an Otter.

bosshawk

Gents: I think that Alaska has the only Beavers in CAP, so it is a unique problem to them.  Seem to recall that I saw something within the last six months that CAP was considering retiring the last Beavers from Alaska, but that got cancelled.

Great airplane: flew them in Korea and Viet Nam and never had a bad word to say about a Beaver.  Would almost give a left____to fly one again.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

AlaskanCFI

Yeap they are a well made super safe plane.   And perfect for actual search missions.  The make good platforms for wheel/skis and are about the best Float plane you can use for low and slow.
And they can carry the crew and survival gear required for long flights between known airports.
They were about ready to take them away until the National Commander showed up and took a flight in one.  Once the assorted big-cheeses saw where and how we fly, they delayed cutting our legs out from under us.

My unit currently has a very heavy C-172, on tiny tires.
By the time we load fuel and survival gear (required by law here in Alaska) we are tapped out in weight.   
So we either have to go with partial fuel, less crew, or less gear.
As it is now, we have to look around for the lightest people we can find if we want to shove 3 people (pilot plus 2) into this lead sled. 

Then we get missions that require over water flying or flying along steep cliffs with the sea pounding against the bottom.  Often out of radio range.
I feel safer going out there solo in my Cub on floats.
Retired Alaska Air Guard
Ex-Navy, Ex-Army,
Firearms Instructor