Main Menu

Volunteer Hours

Started by E-4 Mafia, November 29, 2023, 09:22:32 PM

E-4 Mafia

New here. Firstly I'd like to ask about volunteer hours and what counts. Not for the ribbon but for the civilian side. I'm trying to track volunteer hours for college and the USAFA. CAP as a program is volunteer, now I can't figure out if all meetings and Saturday events or even encampments count towards volunteer hours. Does it have to be a CAP sanctioned volunteer event, i.e., food drives, wreaths across America, Red Cross etc.? I definitely know they do not count for the Volunteer service ribbon — because those are CAP events. Let me know your thoughts!

jeders

Quote from: E-4 Mafia on November 29, 2023, 09:22:32 PMI'm trying to track volunteer hours for college and the USAFA.

Then you should probably ask them what they count. I know some schools/locations/institutions will count everything you do with CAP and like organizations, some will only count the actual community outreach part. Unfortunately, no one here can really speak for outside organizations/institutions.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

SARDOC

Quote from: E-4 Mafia on November 29, 2023, 09:22:32 PMNew here. Firstly I'd like to ask about volunteer hours and what counts. Not for the ribbon but for the civilian side. I'm trying to track volunteer hours for college and the USAFA. CAP as a program is volunteer, now I can't figure out if all meetings and Saturday events or even encampments count towards volunteer hours. Does it have to be a CAP sanctioned volunteer event, i.e., food drives, wreaths across America, Red Cross etc.? I definitely know they do not count for the Volunteer service ribbon — because those are CAP events. Let me know your thoughts!

It's up to your school what they think counts.  I would typically think they would totally count meeting and activity hours, since it is volunteer service.  Keep a log book and you can get your squadron commander to validate it and it'll be up to your school if they want to accept it.