Cadet Test Banking

Started by Luis R. Ramos, September 15, 2022, 11:17:31 PM

Luis R. Ramos

A cadet asked me about the possibility of taking tests ahead of her next achievement.

I remember reading this is allowed for one achievement ahead but cannot find the appropriate section in the regs. Can someone post me where to look?

I will tell her that testing ahead is allowed up to one achievement. So please CP Officers, tell me that is allowed.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

CAPR 60-1, Page 24, ยง 5.4.1.6
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/R_601_D19B3E261AA1D.pdf

"5.4.1.6. Accomplishing Academic Tasks. Cadets may complete academic tasks for their next
achievement and, if a milestone award does not intervene, the one after that. See Table 5.2 for
examples. In eServices, software automatically controls task banking, but if cadets test via hard
copy, local leaders need to manually enforce task banking rules."

Also here:
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/cadetblog/2021/10/26/big-enhancements-added-to-cadet-program

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

What would be your views on teaching the Cadet Wingman class to one cadet via virtual setting? On the cadet programs page, it states this class can be delivered "or individually."
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

I'd make sure to include a couple of other cadets for both CPT and refresher, but no
reason it can't be done virtually, especially if completion is holding a cadet back.

"That Others May Zoom"

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: Eclipse on September 23, 2022, 02:25:11 AMI'd make sure to include a couple of other cadets for both CPT and refresher, but no
reason it can't be done virtually, especially if completion is holding a cadet back.
Agreed; I did that and the new cadet got a better class by having an interaction with a couple of "experienced" cadets.  IIRC, I think one of the experienced cadets was the Cadet Commander.  Great idea, especially, as Eclipse notes, if this is holding back a cadet.