Crisis Service Ribbon on UltraThin

Started by TheSkyHornet, January 25, 2022, 06:17:09 PM

baronet68

Quote from: Holding Pattern on March 03, 2022, 09:40:15 PMAaand I just got an email back:

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email, we are aware of this new award and we do have it available, however it has not yet been updated on our website.
If you would like to place an order for a new set including this ribbon you can email us with your list of awards and we will be happy to set up a quote for you.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at $PHONE Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM CST or via this email.

Thank you for your service.
Sincerely,

$NAME

Pretty much the same reply I received.  It appears their "precedence validator" tool was built by a third-party individual from the UK who may (or may not) still be in contact with UltraThin.  It could be a simple matter of updating a few points and clicks, or a more technical and laborious process for updating the tool.

As a safety net, I've added an invalid code to the UT text for the crisis ribbon to hopefully catch someone's attention if they're trying to order one after building their rack on the McChord rack builder.
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

Capt Thompson

For those wondering what the mini medal looks like:

The disc is flat with the design raised up, it's very well done, and there are no words front or back.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Capt Thompson on March 09, 2022, 03:32:22 PMFor those wondering what the mini medal looks like:

The disc is flat with the design raised up, it's very well done, and there are no words front or back.

Well, someday I'm sure my Vanguard-ordered mini-medals will arrive.

Not that I need them for mess dress or anything in a week...

James Shaw

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on March 10, 2022, 09:55:17 PM
Quote from: Capt Thompson on March 09, 2022, 03:32:22 PMFor those wondering what the mini medal looks like:

It would be nice to see the Heraldry associated with the CCSR
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Capt Thompson

Quote from: Strategic Organizational Safety (S.O.S.) on March 11, 2022, 12:17:36 AM

For the ribbon, the heraldry is as follows:

Scarlet, Old Glory Blue, Golden Yellow and White are in the National Defense Service Medal, and reflect the nation wide crisis, Purple from DOD Humanitarian Service Medal, and Silver for CAP (TIOH Color Palette).

Not sure on the design of the medallion other than it looks nice.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

PHall

Quote from: Capt Thompson on March 11, 2022, 08:40:01 PM
Quote from: Strategic Organizational Safety (S.O.S.) on March 11, 2022, 12:17:36 AM

For the ribbon, the heraldry is as follows:

Scarlet, Old Glory Blue, Golden Yellow and White are in the National Defense Service Medal, and reflect the nation wide crisis, Purple from DOD Humanitarian Service Medal, and Silver for CAP (TIOH Color Palette).

Not sure on the design of the medallion other than it looks nice.

The medallion design looks like about 90 seconds worth of work using clip art.

4-60ADA

The crisis ribbon is available at UltraThin. It is not displayed on the website in the rack builder. When I updated my rack I called them first. They said to put a different ribbon in place of the crisis ribbon, then add a note (there is a spot at the bottom of the order form for special instructions). I filled the spot where the crisis ribbon should go with the C47 ribbon (next to the red service ribbon). In the special instruction area, simply ask them to replace C47 with the crisis ribbon.

DanRiverCaptB

I have it on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baronet68

UltraThin updated their rack builder a short time ago. 

FYI, the McChord Rack Builder has the ribbon codes on the backend so senior members can build their rack at McChord and then copy/paste it to UltraThin. 
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

RogueLeader

I was just looking the other day on UT and I couldn't find it, so I'm glad to see this thread.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

PHall

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 21, 2022, 01:46:08 AMI was just looking the other day on UT and I couldn't find it, so I'm glad to see this thread.

Look a little closer because it's there. Has been for a couple months now.