M-65 Field Jacket Question

Started by Capmonkey, May 01, 2019, 03:06:58 PM

Capmonkey

Hey, y'all.
     I had a quick question about the M-65 Field Jacket, worn with the BDU's. I own a M-65 Field Jacket, but have never gotten around to putting all the insignia on. CAPM 39-1 states that Cadet Officers where their grade insignia on the epaulet, but don't state any specific measurement. Would anyone here happen to know if there is an exact measurement? I've looked in CAPM 39-1, and couldn't find anything! Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
C/Lt Col Capmonkey

TheSkyHornet

It's the same size insignia as worn on the BDU blouse.

Capmonkey

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on May 01, 2019, 03:21:38 PM
It's the same size insignia as worn on the BDU blouse.

I understand that, I meant measurement from the seam on the actual epaulet.

Eclipse

Same 5/8" from the edge as senior members.

See the diagrams on Page 126 & 131.

Yes, the cadet diagrams have been incomplete for nearly 5 years.

As an FYI - members are no longer allowed to wear the BDU M-65 or Gore-Tex with the ABUs,
but can wear either with the woodland through the 2021 BDU sundown.

"That Others May Zoom"

GZCP31

I had to go back in time and look at the past regulations as the current CAPM-39-1 left it out. I found it in the 1991 CAPM 39-1,  and in the 2005 version. It had not changed.  Grade is to be worn 5/8" from the shoulder seam on the epaulet. Measurement is from the actual grade and not the boarder.
Former OK Wing DCL/DCA Mid 90s, Rejoined after 17 years out.
Capt. Communications-Master
Squadron Deputy Commander, Emergency Services Training Officer,  Professional Development Officer,  Administration Officer, Personnel Officer, Communications Officer and Aerospace Education Officer, Texas Wing DOU

Capmonkey

Quote from: GZCP31 on May 01, 2019, 09:05:01 PM
I had to go back in time and look at the past regulations as the current CAPM-39-1 left it out. I found it in the 1991 CAPM 39-1,  and in the 2005 version. It had not changed.  Grade is to be worn 5/8" from the shoulder seam on the epaulet. Measurement is from the actual grade and not the boarder.

Thank you! And I'm fully aware that the M-65 can't be worn with ABU's. Seeing how I'm still in BDU's, that is seemingly not an issue! I appreciate the feedback!

N6RVT

Quote from: Capmonkey on May 01, 2019, 10:00:36 PMThank you! And I'm fully aware that the M-65 can't be worn with ABU's. Seeing how I'm still in BDU's, that is seemingly not an issue! I appreciate the feedback!

But the Blue M-65 CAN be worn over the polo shirt uniform.  I have never seen anyone do that, but its in the reg.

Capmonkey

Quote from: Dwight Dutton on May 01, 2019, 11:58:24 PM
Quote from: Capmonkey on May 01, 2019, 10:00:36 PMThank you! And I'm fully aware that the M-65 can't be worn with ABU's. Seeing how I'm still in BDU's, that is seemingly not an issue! I appreciate the feedback!

But the Blue M-65 CAN be worn over the polo shirt uniform.  I have never seen anyone do that, but its in the reg.

Interesting!!

tribalelder

Remember --golf shirt is a work uniform, so work outerwear with work uniform.

Black fleece is also versatile--Blue BDU, Blue flight suit, golf shirt, white/gray corporate
WE ARE HERE ON CAPTALK BECAUSE WE ALL CARE ABOUT THE PROGRAM. We may not always agree and we should not always agree.  One of our strengths as an organization is that we didn't all go to the same school, so we all know how to do something different and differently. 
Since we all care about CAP, its members and our missions, sometimes our discussions will be animated, but they should always civil -- after all, it's in our name.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: tribalelder on May 07, 2019, 01:47:27 PM

Black fleece is also versatile--Blue BDU, Blue flight suit, golf shirt, white/gray corporate

Cadets don't wear any of those.

vorteks

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on May 07, 2019, 03:18:30 PM

Incorrect. The only thing in that list cadets can't wear is the golf shirt. Adult cadets who don't meet H/W are limited to the others.

CAPM 39-1
1.2.3.2. Cadets will wear the USAF-style uniforms as outlined in this manual as a key
component of their cadet experience. However, cadets over age 18 who are not eligible to wear the
USAF-style uniforms due to not meeting weight standards are authorized to wear all Corporate-style
uniform combinations, except the Corporate Working Uniform since it does not allow for wear of rank
insignia.

PHall

Quote from: vorteks on May 07, 2019, 04:15:58 PM

Incorrect. The only thing in that list cadets can't wear is the golf shirt. Adult cadets who don't meet H/W are limited to the others.

CAPM 39-1
1.2.3.2. Cadets will wear the USAF-style uniforms as outlined in this manual as a key
component of their cadet experience. However, cadets over age 18 who are not eligible to wear the
USAF-style uniforms due to not meeting weight standards are authorized to wear all Corporate-style
uniform combinations, except the Corporate Working Uniform since it does not allow for wear of rank
insignia.

And do you know why cadets can not wear the golf shirt? ???

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

vorteks

Quote from: PHall on May 07, 2019, 06:20:30 PM

CAPM 39-1
insignia.

I'm guessing here but maybe it's because "since it does not allow for wear of rank insignia"?

PHall

Quote from: vorteks on May 07, 2019, 07:24:40 PM
Quote from: PHall on May 07, 2019, 06:20:30 PM

CAPM 39-1
insignia.

I'm guessing here but maybe it's because "since it does not allow for wear of rank insignia"?

Yep, that's the reason. Stupid, but it is what it is.

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on May 07, 2019, 08:02:05 PM
Yep, that's the reason. Stupid, but it is what it is.

You know the reason it's >not< stupid, right?

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

CAPM 39-1
insignia.

That's an extreme rarity and nothing to do with the direction of this thread segueing into a topic about non-Air Force-style uniforms.

I have yet to see an obese cadet wearing corporates.

vorteks

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on May 07, 2019, 08:47:17 PM

CAPM 39-1
insignia.

That's an extreme rarity and nothing to do with the direction of this thread segueing into a topic about non-Air Force-style uniforms.

Nonetheless your declaration that "Cadets don't wear any of those" was factually incorrect.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: vorteks on May 07, 2019, 09:04:38 PM

CAPM 39-1
insignia.

Nonetheless your declaration that "Cadets don't wear any of those" was factually incorrect.

Wonderful. It's since been corrected/clarified.

How about sticking to the OP's question about insignia placement on the field jacket...? Why we're even talking about polos and BBDUs is a mystery to me.

PHall

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on May 07, 2019, 10:33:46 PM
Quote from: vorteks on May 07, 2019, 09:04:38 PM

CAPM 39-1
insignia.

Wonderful. It's since been corrected/clarified.

How about sticking to the OP's question about insignia placement on the field jacket...? Why we're even talking about polos and BBDUs is a mystery to me.

Because we all live for the topic drift. >:D