Wing Drill Team

Started by DTcommander042, November 13, 2012, 05:10:59 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on January 20, 2013, 08:47:47 PM
+1 - if anything there should be a prohibition against this kind of nonsense.

Volleyball knee pads? Seriously?

I can see the need there...Safety First and all. But the tailoring of uniforms is...well...yea.

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on January 20, 2013, 08:47:47 PM
+1 - if anything there should be a prohibition against this kind of nonsense.

Volleyball knee pads? Seriously?

Yes seriously. It's called "Accident Prevention".
Knee pads are one of those "control measures" you employ to lower the risk of the activity to acceptable levels.
You know, that ORM stuff. Sometimes it actually works...

Eclipse

Fair enough - $120 outfits the whole team, including #13.

They already have uniforms.

A drill team should not cost more then the wing's annual operational budget, or the average encampment.

I have seen non-winning teams that got to the national level that were "bragging" about how they had spent $10k
on uniforms alone (with a lot of the cost being the custom tailoring which should be prohibited).

Ridiculous.

"That Others May Zoom"

Jaison009

Quote from: Garibaldi on November 13, 2012, 10:02:39 PM
That's the problem with Arkansas, I've noticed. Everything is at least 4 hours away from everything else, which stinks. It really stinks that pretty much anything wing-wide has to be done in Little Rock, because it's a central location, and while that eliminates having to drive up to 7 hours cross-state, it's a drag that other units can't host wing activities in other places because of the drive time involved.

You are a pretty strong leader, from what I've seen. You're going to do well with this.

Unfortunately all roads lead to Little Rock ( and sometimes no where else).