Main Menu

2018 National Conference

Started by wacapgh, August 16, 2018, 06:53:09 PM

wacapgh

It's a short flight down the coast, and I'm going to take advantage of Cessna-Instructor G1000 Ground School to enhance my Observer skills.

Anyone else?

NIN

I'll be there Wednesday night thru Sunday...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

MSG Mac

Arriving Thursday, leaving Sunday
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SarDragon

Wednesday through Sunday.
Major Malfunction may or may not be in attendance.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Thursday through Sunday playing a little hooky Friday.

Chappie

Arriving Tuesday afternoon and departing Thursday morning. 
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

audiododd

Was gonna - bought tickets and everything.  Movers are coming the next week, so I had to canx  :(
Dodd Martin, MSgt, CAP
MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Squadron NCO
Safety/Comm/Admin/Personnel/IT
TMP - MO - MS - MRO - MSO

NIN

Quote from: PHall on August 16, 2018, 11:51:35 PM

"Sir, step away from Mickey and nobody gets hurt."
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Quote from: Chappie on August 17, 2018, 03:13:46 AM
Arriving Tuesday afternoon and departing Thursday morning.

Paul, let me and Elliott know where you are on Wednesday night, we'll come to you.

I have the Bootcamp on Thursday, so I'll definitely be engaged.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

NIN

Haven't even left yet and already we're delayed.  Good thing I'm flying almost a week early.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Laplace

Coming in Wednesday through Sat afternoon.

wacapgh

My brain is full of G-1000 information  :o A very good class.

Looking at the schedule, it appears that we could have a CAP Talk meet on Friday evening (post 1700). Thursday and Saturday evenings have receptions and the banquet.

etodd

Quote from: wacapgh on August 22, 2018, 03:02:38 PM
My brain is full of G-1000 information  :o A very good class.

If you're new to it, all I can say is "use it or lose it". While its still fresh, get out there and fly, fly, fly, to drill it in.

Of course, sitting in the hangar with the APU plugged in can be good as well.  I have a number of hours "hangar flying" the G1000. :)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

NIN

My MHT-MDW-RNO-SNA-SoCal-San Diego-Anaheim journey is almost complete. See you lads in 2hrs or so!!
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

wacapgh

Tonight, I'll try and grab one of the tables in the lobby about 1900.

NIN

I'll be in "Orange County 2" at 1:30 for "Using Community Engagement as a Recruiting Tool" :)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Spam

Quote from: NIN on August 17, 2018, 02:20:02 PM
Quote from: PHall on August 16, 2018, 11:51:35 PM

"Sir, step away from Mickey and nobody gets hurt."

"Sorry folks, the parks closed. The Moose out front shoulda told ya"!

On a serious note, for some of us at least CAP conferences are not a paid holiday. As an approver, I would be forced to disallow a nights stay if all you did that day was go to Wally World (for example) so everyone, be sure you are submitting accurate claims for when you go play hooky  :D. If you are a member who is travelling for CAP conferences using any appropriated or corporate funds, and you are submitting receipts, remember you should remove and not claim reimbursement for any days that you take off from CAP business to go to Disney or on non-CAP business. I just non concurred at Wing level on a reimbursement request and am awaiting a revised justification (I've been told they got caught by the DC airports closing, but all such exceptions need to be auditable and justifiable in the light of day).

Ref: CAPR 173-1 15 NOVEMBER 2012 and your units approved financial procedures.

So lets keep it accurate and clean....

R/s
Spam

(Man, when I was a cadet NCO I woulda screamed if I'da known I'd be dealing with stuff like this one day)

NIN

Phil is local and retired. Pretty sure he isn't doing anything to rake CAP over the coals.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Spam

Didn't say or mean to imply that he or you or anyone else was!

If that's how that came across, I do apologize in specific, while in a general sense I still stand by the cautionary point, which I don't think is "coal-raking".

V/r
Spam

wacapgh

There are four tables in the lobby, Hopefully, one will be unused and I'll be there in about 20 minutes. Look for "CT".