Main Menu

2018 National Conference

Started by wacapgh, August 16, 2018, 06:53:09 PM

SarDragon

Quote from: SarDragon on August 16, 2018, 10:18:52 PM
Wednesday through Sunday.
Major Malfunction may or may not be in attendance.
He showed up today. The generals and colonels had a great appreciation for the comedic relief. I thank them all.

Sent using Tapatalk

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Spam

Quote from: Spam on August 24, 2018, 10:35:01 PM

Didn't say or mean to imply that he or you or anyone else was!

If that's how that came across, I do apologize in specific, while in a general sense I still stand by the cautionary point, which I don't think is "coal-raking".

V/r
Spam

Once again, I want to personally and publicly apologize to PHall for appearing to "slime" him with my comment. I see how that reply could easily be taken as targeted at him, when I want to assure everyone that it was not (I should never have used the word "you", for example).

Phil, I am deeply sorry and sincerely hope you'll forgive me for the poor phrasing and timing.

Very Respectfully,
Spam

NIN

Flying home now, long, long, long week for me. (this is day 9)

Remind me not to be silly when we go to Baltimore. :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SarDragon

Quote from: NIN on August 26, 2018, 09:13:07 PM
Flying home now, long, long, long week for me. (this is day 9)

Su-u-u-re...

Do I need to remind you before you head down there next year?

Sent using Tapatalk

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

chuckmilam

Baltimore? Is that the location of the 2019 conference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHall

Quote from: chuckmilam on August 27, 2018, 10:17:31 AM

Baltimore? Is that the location of the 2019 conference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. As posted on national's website.

chuckmilam

Thanks.  Currently, the website is showing a full page of malformed header material, at least on mobile.

G+10

Quote from: wacapgh on August 22, 2018, 03:02:38 PM
Of course, sitting in the hangar with the APU plugged in can be good as well.  I have a number of hours "hangar flying" the G1000. :)

X-Plane and similar simulators are great for stuff like that.

John

etodd

Quote from: G+10 on August 30, 2018, 04:25:49 PM
Of course, sitting in the hangar with the APU plugged in can be good as well.  I have a number of hours "hangar flying" the G1000. :)

John

Yes, for concepts.  But for muscle memory of being able to reach over and turn knobs and push buttons quickly and efficiently, theres just nothing like practicing with the real thing. And if the engine isn't turning, the plane is free. I'll pull it up to the hangar door, so its still in the shade, yet can see just enough sky to get a satellite or two.  :)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

http://Pilot training 2018:
Total Time: 40 hours minimum which consists of at least:

Dual: 20 hours minimum of flight training with an instructor on the Private Pilot areas of operation including:
3 hours of cross country flight training in a single engine airplane;
3 hours of night flight training in a single engine airplane, that includes at least:
a) 1 cross country flight of over 100 nm total distance; and
b) 10 T/O's and 10 landings to a full stop with each involving a flight in the traffic pattern at an airport.
3 hours of flight training by reference to instruments in a single engine airplane; and
3 hours of flight training in a single engine airplane within the 60 days prior to the practical test.
Solo: 10 hours minimum of solo flying in a single engine airplane on the Private Pilot areas of operation including:
5 hours of solo cross country flying;
1 solo cross country flight of at least 150nm total distance with full stop landings at 3 points and one segment of at least 50nm between T/O and landings; and
3 T/O's and landings to a full stop at an airport with an operating control tower.

http://Pilot Training 2028:
"OK Google - fly to Missouri"

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: etodd on August 30, 2018, 08:41:09 PM
Quote from: G+10 on August 30, 2018, 04:25:49 PM

John

Yes, for concepts.  But for muscle memory of being able to reach over and turn knobs and push buttons quickly and efficiently, theres just nothing like practicing with the real thing. And if the engine isn't turning, the plane is free. I'll pull it up to the hangar door, so its still in the shade, yet can see just enough sky to get a satellite or two.  :)

It's good for learning the "switchology" and the basic procedures for operating the system.
Gotta crawl before you can walk.

etodd

Edited after I got the joke. LOL
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."