Main Menu

Earhart

Started by Greg, February 14, 2005, 01:54:57 PM

Greg

I'm taking the Earhart tonight with very little preparation.  Basically, my squadron doesn't have the Earhart test (our CC was supposed to order it, but apparently he never did), so I'm going over to a different squadron that meets on mondays to take the test.  I have some stuff to do with my EMT training next monday, so it's either I take it tonight, or I have to wait two weeks.  Anyway, any help and/or tips would be greatly appreciated.
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

CAPSGT

Ummmmmm, study?  Oh wait, it's a bit late to be starting on that now.  Review the topics in the books that you remember being tested on before, it is a cumulative exam afterall.

If you fail, go home and as soon as you get home STUDY.  Highlight as much of the material in the books as you can remember being tested on.  Study your brains out on this material for the next time you take it.  I did this and found almost all of the answers in the book within 2 days of the first time I took it.  The next time I took it I passed with no problem.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Yoda

I took my test twice.  They really throw some questions out of left field at you in the leadership department.  Without telling you what they are, I will tell you the test is fairly comprehensive.

And don't worry about the officer AE.  A lot of people get scared because they're afraid that they won't have read the Officer AE that's asked.  What they don't realize is that the AE just tests the Aerospace Dimensions.

Greg

Missed it by four  :-\  I almost wish I missed it by a lot more than that because I'm kicking myself for not getting just four more questions.  The next time I'll be able to take the test is two weeks from today :-[.  Oh well, I'll be able to actually study next time.........hopefully.

Yoda

Quote from: Greg on February 15, 2005, 02:02:13 AM
Missed it by four  :-\  I almost wish I missed it by a lot more than that because I'm kicking myself for not getting just four more questions.  The next time I'll be able to take the test is two weeks from today :-[.  Oh well, I'll be able to actually study next time.........hopefully.
I missed it by two my first time around.  Besides, I wouldn't think of it as missing it by four.  Think of it as missing it by 24.  After all, I think everyone's goal is perfection, and you were 24 away from perfect.  Might help you get more motivation to do better next time, if nothing else.

CAPSGT

Quote from: Yoda on February 14, 2005, 09:30:28 PM

And don't worry about the officer AE.  A lot of people get scared because they're afraid that they won't have read the Officer AE that's asked.  What they don't realize is that the AE just tests the Aerospace Dimensions.

Heh, I hadn't heard that.  I took the Earhart back when Flight of Discovery was the only AE textbook.

Pylon

Quote from: CAPSGT
Heh, I hadn't heard that.  I took the Earhart back when Flight of Discovery was the only AE textbook.

Aah, those were the days, weren't they?  ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

CAPSGT

HAHA, I can't say that I really miss the book itself too much.  Journey of Flight is a much better book and much more relevant to current AE topics.

Yoda

I remember the book, and I nearly kissed the floor when I found out I wouldn't have to take the first chapter test of it.  I heard all sorts of horror stories about it and was not looking forward to it.

Cmdbuddy

Quote from: Yoda on February 16, 2005, 02:25:19 AM
I remember the book, and I nearly kissed the floor when I found out I wouldn't have to take the first chapter test of it.  I heard all sorts of horror stories about it and was not looking forward to it.

Wasn't it like really long?  Like 60 something pages?
Christie Ducote, Capt, CAP

Yoda

Quote from: Cmdbuddy on February 16, 2005, 02:32:56 AM
Quote from: Yoda on February 16, 2005, 02:25:19 AM

Wasn't it like really long?  Like 60 something pages?
Yeah.  It was supposedly this insanely hard test that nobody wanted to touch with a ten-foot pole.

elkorona

Quote from: Greg on February 14, 2005, 01:54:57 PM
I'm taking the Earhart tonight with very little preparation.  Basically, my squadron doesn't have the Earhart test (our CC was supposed to order it, but apparently he never did), so I'm going over to a different squadron that meets on mondays to take the test.  I have some stuff to do with my EMT training next monday, so it's either I take it tonight, or I have to wait two weeks.  Anyway, any help and/or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Since when the heck don't you guys have the test.  There were 3 or maybe 4 copies of it when I left.  Heh, what a surprise.  But Greg, you shoulda been good to go, 4 questions, just get a 99 next time...
Lt Col Elliott Korona, CAP
Deputy Director, Civic Leadership Academy

Horn229

Don't you mean a 100? ;D
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

Greg

Well, apparently we did have two Earhart tests.  Our testing officer is really new at the job and he messed up the good filing system we had.  Needless to say, my CDC was really ticked off.  Anyway, I took it again last night and got an 85.  If you ever fail a test, definitely go back and highlite everything that's important as soon as you get home- worked for me.