Main Menu

CAP Special Forces

Started by CAPSOC, December 09, 2014, 12:53:13 AM

AirAux

This appears to be satire and the only way to handle it is with AK-47's as was done in Paris..

Garibaldi

Quote from: AirAux on January 12, 2015, 06:27:08 PM
This appears to be satire and the only way to handle it is with AK-47's as was done in Paris..

Dude....come on.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

AirAux

Dude, you better lighten up.  This is a reality coming soon to a neighborhood near you.  Political Correctness be darned.  Further, the slain would have appreciated it, it was their forte.

Garibaldi

Quote from: AirAux on January 12, 2015, 06:55:05 PM
Dude, you better lighten up.  This is a reality coming soon to a neighborhood near you.  Political Correctness be darned.  Further, the slain would have appreciated it, it was their forte.

You...really are serious, aren't you? Saying the website needs to be handled by thugs with automatic weapons?    :o
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

I cannot believe I am actually reading a CAP member advocate violence against something that is just a bad joke.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

JeffDG

Quote from: CyBorg on January 12, 2015, 08:49:35 PM
I cannot believe I am actually reading a CAP member advocate violence against something that is just a bad joke.
I cannot actually believe that anyone took that literally.

LSThiker

Please tell me this was sarcasm?  That is that we need to be careful on how we treat satire websites so we do not end up being as rigid as those in the Paris attack?

jeders

Quote from: JeffDG on January 12, 2015, 08:55:08 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on January 12, 2015, 08:49:35 PM
I cannot actually believe that anyone took that literally.
Neither can I, however...

Too soon.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

BHartman007

This thread has become a special kind of stupid.

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

EMT-83

Quote from: BHartman007 on January 12, 2015, 09:08:31 PM
This thread has become a special kind of stupid.

No, that's how it started.

AirAux

The whole point of this thread was about sarcasm and satire.  Several barside lawyers proposed that National send a cease and desist order immediately.  In a sarcastic moment, I suggested off with their heads.  Looks like most of you are wound a little tight.  Unpucker your fourth point of contact.  I fear for this country and the seriousness/political correctness that abounds.  If the Cadets want to have fun and are creative enough to design this stuff, more power to them.  Back in our day we did things like the Harvard Lampoon...   

Eclipse

Or you could just admit you said something off the cuff that was stupid and insensitive instead of trying to
to hide behind some false indignation about parody and sarcasm.

"That Others May Zoom"

THRAWN

Quote from: AirAux on January 13, 2015, 02:21:18 PM
The whole point of this thread was about sarcasm and satire.  Several barside lawyers proposed that National send a cease and desist order immediately.  In a sarcastic moment, I suggested off with their heads.  Looks like most of you are wound a little tight.  Unpucker your fourth point of contact.  I fear for this country and the seriousness/political correctness that abounds.  If the Cadets want to have fun and are creative enough to design this stuff, more power to them.  Back in our day we did things like the Harvard Lampoon...

Harvard Lampoon didn't advocate executions. You stepped on your lip. Say mea culpa and move on.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

AirAux

And from the above two comments, I rest my case. 

JC004