Main Menu

CAP Special Forces

Started by CAPSOC, December 09, 2014, 12:53:13 AM

CAPSOC

"If you're trolling in Call of Duty and there is a CAPSOC operator online, prepare for the game of your life" -Anonymous

winterg

There is nothing of any redeeming value in that site and it has every potential to do much more harm than good.  If it was an attempt at humor, I fail to see it.

MSG Mac

Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Private Investigator

How do I enroll in the Special Forces Speciality Track? I could not find the CAPP for it?   ;)

rustyjeeper

Quote from: Private Investigator on December 09, 2014, 01:40:40 AM
How do I enroll in the Special Forces Speciality Track? I could not find the CAPP for it?   ;)

I think you need to register on the other website first  >:D

I took a look at it and found it to be funny. Some people here just take life to seriously

Flying Pig

Someone needs to get out of moms basement

JeffDG

Quote from: MSG Mac on December 09, 2014, 01:31:43 AM
Please lock this site.

By what authority?

Your only potential case could be trademark infringement, and the site is clearly 1st Amendment protected parody.

Flying Pig

Im thinking he meant the discussion. 

Johnny Yuma

I foresee Becky at Nhq typing up a Cease and Desist letter...
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Private Investigator

Quote from: rustyjeeper on December 09, 2014, 01:58:52 AM
Quote from: Private Investigator on December 09, 2014, 01:40:40 AM

I think you need to register on the other website first  >:D

I took a look at it and found it to be funny. Some people here just take life to seriously

I agree. I thought it was funny and I am looking forward to their uniform threads.   8)

JeffDG

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on December 09, 2014, 03:07:58 AM
I foresee Becky at Nhq typing up a Cease and Desist letter...

And anyone with any legal background would tell her to go pound sand.

Seriously...parody is protected speech.  There is no intent to deceive here.

rustyjeeper

I know that I for one will enjoy seeing the development of another forum one which as others have mentioned very likely will have some "intense" 39-1 discussions and provide the latest updates on uniforms.

Possibly we will even see the development of a sleeker and more aerodynamic red triangle thingy  :clap:

SarDragon

This is the About Us link:

http://gocapsoc.weebly.com/about.html

The text:
About CAPSOCCAPSOC is a fictional branch of CAP that was most likely devised by someone who is a fan of the "You Know You're in CAP When..." Facebook page. The concept of CAP having a Special Operations branch gives some people a source of humor, and also annoys others. As you (hopefully) know any "special operations" branches of Civil Air Patrol are entirely fictional.
About This Website This website (gocapsoc.weebly.com) is not officially affiliated with any part of the Civil Air Patrol. The posts on this page are not official statements of any persons or entities and fall under the speech category of "Satire", which is protected under the 1st Amendment of the United States Constitution. This website provides fictional articles and information designed to be humorous to CAP members. Some of you might be wondering if the creators behind all this are a bunch of low life scum who cause corruption within the cadet program, however that is not the case. Rest assured that we take CAP's core values, Oath, and missions seriously. We respect our leaders and do the best we can to influence others to take the program seriously. Well, maybe we don't display that on this website, but we certainly do in outside life :)

Somebody needs to lighten up.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

Okay....satire is protected speech.

But "take down that site" is a legal order.  So the choice would be to take down the site or get 2b'ed.

:)

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

NIN

Everybody knows there are CAP Special Ops units. Pffft.

http://122sos.freeservers.com/

Search is your friend.

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=16183
http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=6698 (with photos!)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

James Shaw

Maybe this is the NEW US Ranger Corps website.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Alaric

Please lock this thread, why give encouragement to this idiocy

James Shaw

Quote from: Alaric on December 09, 2014, 02:22:10 PM
Please lock this thread, why give encouragement to this idiocy

It had already begun. I received a couple of phone calls this morning about the CAPSOC name. CAPSOC is actually a real course for CAP. CAP Safety Officer College. Of course I did not help the idiocy as you pointed out by commenting earlier.  :-X :-X
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

JeffDG

Quote from: lordmonar on December 09, 2014, 07:13:21 AM

But "take down that site" is a legal order.  So the choice would be to take down the site or get 2b'ed.

Not from the referenced individual, who is not in the chain-of-command.  A C&D from anyone not in the chain of command would have precisely zero effect.

An appropriate response to such a letter would be "Thank you for your suggestion, but I think it's pretty clear there is no intent to deceive and I'll just keep it going."

lordmonar

Quote from: JeffDG on December 10, 2014, 12:09:51 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on December 09, 2014, 07:13:21 AM

Not from the referenced individual, who is not in the chain-of-command.  A C&D from anyone not in the chain of command would have precisely zero effect.

An appropriate response to such a letter would be "Thank you for your suggestion, but I think it's pretty clear there is no intent to deceive and I'll just keep it going."
No....not really.   The chain of command is not the only source of authority.   And if it were....the order would come from the National Commander....it may be written by the the legal officer....but like I said.    It is a legal order.  Intent is not a factor.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP