Main Menu

ORANGE TRIANGLES

Started by mikeylikey, September 15, 2006, 04:10:48 PM

Major_Chuck

You could go the cheap route and do it yourself for probably under $20.00.

But... You get what you pay for. Uneven lines; paint that peels off; overspray; etc.
It is probably best to let a professional do it and get some sort of warranty on the paint job.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Psicorp

Now for the interesting question...where could we get ahold of magnetic orange triangles for member owned vehicles?  I'd hate for my truck to be out of reg. ;)

Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

SarDragon

Quote from: Psicorp on November 06, 2006, 04:00:21 AM
Now for the interesting question...where could we get ahold of magnetic orange triangles for member owned vehicles?  I'd hate for my truck to be out of reg. ;)

Well, this must have been on the Portal, too.

Magnetic material here or here

Reflective material here

There are other sources; these are the first ones I came up with.

Note that you can get enough for several vehicles buying the lowest quantity, and that non-reflectve film is cheaper.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Psicorp

Excellent, thank you sir.

I'll look into trying to get one of those for a Group acquisition, would never hurt to have something on hand at activities.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

BillB

I posted this on the Portal, but reposting here.  In this election season, you may be able to get the magnetic signs the candidates hand out. The larger ones can be cut into the triangles and spray painted. Cost except for paint=zero. And a can of paint will spray alot of signs. Many of the magnetic campaing signs are 18x24 so they are large enough since the regulation does not specify a size required.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

SarDragon

Well, there is a recommended size of 40" on a side.

Also, watch what kind of paint you use on the magnetic material; most paint isn't all that flexible, and will chip off. That's why I recommended the vinyl film, either reflective, or not.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Major_Chuck

Hmmm....

How about painting the van blaze orange with a white triangle on top....

or

Flourescent/dayglow yellow with a high reflective white triangle ontop

never mind me....lunch has bogged me down..
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Psicorp

Reminds me of when I worked with the Red Cross as a Disaster Response Team Leader in Florida.  We had white vans with a big red cross on the roof.  After a while in the hot Florida sun, the nice bright red cross didn't look quite so red anymore...

Blaze orange I can handle  ;D

Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257