Pushups = Hazing ??

Started by abysmal, March 09, 2005, 12:05:53 AM

Xeno

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 29, 2005, 04:51:17 PM
how many activities ar ein passing the pt test

You have to pass either a mile run or a shuttle run.

You must also pass 2 of the following 3 events.

Push-ups, sit-ups, sit-and-reach.
C/1st Lt. Josh Sims
C/CC SWR-AR-095

121.5 -- If you crash, we will dash...

Cadet Bonnett

Quote from: Xeno on June 29, 2005, 05:13:55 PM
Quote from: Cheergirl on June 29, 2005, 04:51:17 PM
how many activities ar ein passing the pt test

You have to pass either a mile run or a shuttle run.

You must also pass 2 of the following 3 events.

Push-ups, sit-ups, sit-and-reach.

I can do the shuttle run and the mile run. i can also do the sit ups and sit and reach. Infact i reached 51 cm and i only needed i think  24... however i can do only like 3 push ups.....
Cadet A1C Christin Bonnett
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

El Campamento del Ala de NH aquĆ­ yo vengo.

The Admiral

we need to get back on topic....

The way my SM 'mentor' described it was that not completing 2 achevements a year is grounds for termination, if you are really looking for reasons to be terminated.  i.e., you may not get terminated, but you can get terminated.
Cross into the Blue!

Xeno

Quote from: The Admiral on June 29, 2005, 09:27:07 PM
we need to get back on topic....

The way my SM 'mentor' described it was that not completing 2 achevements a year is grounds for termination, if you are really looking for reasons to be terminated.  i.e., you may not get terminated, but you can get terminated.

... and most likely you won't. I'm willing to bet there aren't many cadets who have been terminated for not getting promoted.
C/1st Lt. Josh Sims
C/CC SWR-AR-095

121.5 -- If you crash, we will dash...

arajca

You're probably right about it, but it provides an option for the commanders who have troublesome cadets who refuse to participate. My view on it is if a cadet is testing regularly, but not passing, they shouldn't be kicked out over it. The cadet and senior staffs should be working to help the cadet. Where as the cadidiot who decides to stop testing because they like where they are (usually occurs around C/CMSgt) needs some incentive - positive is best, but the big stick may be an option. Obviously, this wouldn't be applicable to a C/Col.