Main Menu

Armed CAP Members

Started by Hardshell Clam, October 24, 2011, 10:58:28 PM

Patrick W Bass

You all come up with the silliest scenarios.  I actually feel embarrassed for you.

bosshawk

At least it isn't an argument about uniforms.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

JeffDG

Quote from: bosshawk on October 26, 2011, 11:13:53 PM
At least it isn't an argument about uniforms.
Is it easier to carry in corporate or AF uniforms? >:D

RADIOMAN015

Wow I can just see parents of prospective cadets coming across this thread :angel:

Frankly, if this is about safety, wouldn't it just be prudent whether authorized or not to leave your firearm at home or in your vehicle ???  I know in our area, a national gun manufacturer had a weapons training expert, who injured himself with his weapon, due to an accidental discharge of the weapon.   Accident can happen.  Why take a chance ???.

I'd be very surprised if any wing commander authorized any member to attend any CAP activity with a firearm.  IF the member really feels that threatened and needs a weapon all the time, perhaps organizationally wise it's best they stay way so the rest of us don't become targets by association. :angel:
RM

SarDragon

OK, we need to come up with a Godwin name equivalent for introducing "uniform" into otherwise unrelated threads. Instead of Godwin's Law, we have "[catchy name]'s Law.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

SarDragon's Law?

You brought it up.  >:D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Major Lord

Since many of us are Cops, (Judges?) Private Investigators, etc, or live in States that issue CCW's, I don't think its unreasonable for a Commander to ASK if I am carrying a firearm, ( I generally do) There is no harm in asking, since carrying a sidearm is often like putting your wallet in your back pocket; Its something you just do on autopilot.  Ordinarily, an Officer accepts the word of a brother Officer, even in CAP.  If the word of a fellow Officer is insufficient, you have to ask if your honor and dignity are compromised by complying; if not, no harm. If my Commander suddenly demanded to search me and laid hands upon me without permission, especially if such a thing occurred in public, The issue would have escalated beyond CAP's auspices. ( purely hypothetical, since my female commander is 5 feet nothing soaking wet, and I am 6-3, 220 pounds, I don't foresee a public brawl!) I think we need to clearly distinguish between a routine pre-mission deployment inspection, and a hand-search of a persons body, where the consequences of either an accurate or inaccurate accusation can have equally grim repercussions.

Major Lord
p.s. Walther PPK in shoulder holster for Mess Dress, Colt 1911 A1, in inside the pants holster for Service Dress, Ankle holster for blues and greys, and HK with suppressor with BDU's.
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

RiverAux

Quote from: lordmonar on October 26, 2011, 10:55:56 PM
The IG actually said we have the authority to conduct the search.......he just thinks we should not actually do it.
Where was that said?

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: RiverAux on October 27, 2011, 01:53:42 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on October 26, 2011, 10:55:56 PM
The IG actually said we have the authority to conduct the search.......he just thinks we should not actually do it.
Where was that said?

Not in RIWG ;D

ol'fido

I think we have really pegged the Mickey Mouse and Chicken---- Meters for about the last six pages here. Time to blow off the Screw It Valve. :o
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Flying Pig

If you have to search your members, you have issues that extend far beyond their CCW!

Major Lord, you post nonsense and misleading information!!! Everyone knows the .45 Kimber Ultra Carry II is standard for the Service Dress, not the full size Colt 1911   Sheeeesh.......

Major Lord

Well, naturally any 1911 frame would be suitable, including the Kimber, which is a pretty fair mid-price 1911, Personally, I think my Strayer Voight Infinity is far superior, but you have to figure if our superiors are going to start patting us down, we my have to start carrying a "throw down" piece....maybe a Charter arms, RG, or Davis derringer........

Major Lord
Armed and Dangerous, but only according to regulations. I would rather die than break the "no CCW" rule in CAP. Totally!
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

Quote from: Eclipse on October 27, 2011, 07:23:42 PM
I carry a musketoon...

GASP!! In the united peoples republic of Illinois?? Isn't that like 3 felonies wrapped in one?   >:D

(Thank god I don't live in the land of Lincoln)
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

PWK-GT

Quote from: Eclipse on October 27, 2011, 07:23:42 PM
I carry a musketoon...

Yeah, but you also adapted your CSU to feature tails...and wear a tri-corner hat!

Oh, crap.....I just made this a uniform thread.
:o
"Is it Friday yet"

Major Lord

But remember, there is no Federal waiting period for flintlocks....., and they were quite the "assault weapon" for repelling boarders in their day! I am sure California has the Musketoon on its assault weapons list......

Major Lord

Buzz

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on October 25, 2011, 01:52:56 AM
Sorry about my poor spelling, I'm on my phone and letters are way to small...

I'm about to give up as no one has responded to my question without convoluting same:

Are there any members auth (by reg and letter from wing CO) to carry firearms?

Easy question, easy answer.

And the easy answer is YES.

Buzz

ol'fido

Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

davidsinn

Quote from: Buzz on October 28, 2011, 12:21:04 AM
Quote from: Hardshell Clam on October 25, 2011, 01:52:56 AM
Sorry about my poor spelling, I'm on my phone and letters are way to small...

I'm about to give up as no one has responded to my question without convoluting same:

Are there any members auth (by reg and letter from wing CO) to carry firearms?

Easy question, easy answer.

And the easy answer is YES.

Can you cite the law that requires said person to carry?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn