Main Menu

Jus for Fun

Started by James Shaw, October 06, 2014, 06:56:57 PM

James Shaw

Had some fun during lunch and thought I would share. NO this is not a CAP work in progress it is strictly for fun. No it is not in consideration it is just for fun.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Al Sayre

Award Criteria?

1st award:  Maintain safety currency for 1 year and ...

I was going to make a snarky remark about taking x number of irrelevant online safety courses, but I'll leave that to others.   >:D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

James Shaw

Quote from: Al Sayre on October 06, 2014, 08:38:12 PM
Award Criteria?

I was going to make a snarky remark about taking x number of irrelevant online safety courses, but I'll leave that to others.   >:D

Make it a real challenge!

1) Entire Active Squadron Maintains Safety Currency for Entire Year
2) Completes Annual ORM on time.
3) "Volunteer for Safety SUI"
4) Completes Annual Safety Survey and Corrective Actions on Time
5) Create and share Squadron Safety Training Video
6) Any and all safety incidents are input on time, investigated, and compete as far as a squadron can go.

How's that?
Jim Shaw

Pylon

Quote from: capmando on October 06, 2014, 09:03:20 PM
Award Criteria?

6) Any and all safety incidents are input on time, investigated, and compete as far as a squadron can go.

How's that?

Looks like a list of what a safety officer should be doing anyway.

If a safety officer is performing exceptionally well in his or her job, I think a personal decoration (achievement award, commander's commendation, MSM, etc.) is very appropriate to recognize those contributions.

Additionally, if you create a medal/ribbon to recognize contributions in a specific specialty area, you're simply opening the door for every single specialty track to have some sort of excellence medal.

Finally, the specialty track luckily already has a way to recognize members who put in time, effort, and demonstrate ability in the track: a specialty track badge in basic, senior, and master levels.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

James Shaw

Quote from: Pylon on October 06, 2014, 11:38:02 PM
Quote from: capmando on October 06, 2014, 09:03:20 PM
Award Criteria?

How's that?

Looks like a list of what a safety officer should be doing anyway.

If a safety officer is performing exceptionally well in his or her job, I think a personal decoration (achievement award, commander's commendation, MSM, etc.) is very appropriate to recognize those contributions.

Additionally, if you create a medal/ribbon to recognize contributions in a specific specialty area, you're simply opening the door for every single specialty track to have some sort of excellence medal.

Finally, the specialty track luckily already has a way to recognize members who put in time, effort, and demonstrate ability in the track: a specialty track badge in basic, senior, and master levels.

That is why it is fictional and was just for fun. It was not an individual award but would be for the whole squadron to qualify for. Every active member would have to qualify for the squadron to benefit. But it was only a bit of fun. I know how the folks are when you mention any new bling  :)
Jim Shaw