Qualifications for ES Basic Badge

Started by footballrun21, December 01, 2005, 10:20:34 PM

footballrun21

What do you need to wear the ES basic badge?  All I have is Gen. ES and I've been to some SAREXs.  Am I allowed to wear it?
C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

arajca

I presume your talking about the red shield badge. If so, the requirements are a whole lot more than General ES. For full details, see the CAP Pamphlet for Emergency Services Officer. (I don't have the number here.)

MIKE

Quote from: footballrun21 on December 01, 2005, 10:20:34 PM
What do you need to wear the ES basic badge?  All I have is Gen. ES and I've been to some SAREXs.  Am I allowed to wear it?

Nope.

Quote from: CAPR 35-62. Requirements for Award of Emergency Services (ES) Qualification Badges:
a. CAP Basic Emergency Services Qualification Badge: Complete all requirements of CAPP 213, Emergency Services Officer-Specialty Track Study Guide, Technician Rating. Note: Cadets can earn the Basic Emergency Services Qualification Badge as they can complete all of the requirements for this rating, though they cannot officially receive the Technician Rating until they become a senior member.

...And in case you really meant the ES patch, you can't wear that either.

Quote from: CAPR 35-63. Requirements for Award of the CAP Emergency Services Patch. Current and qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-3, CAP Emergency Services Training and Operational Missions as a general emergency services member with one additional specialty qualification.

Emphasis added.

Mike Johnston

kblanken73

You might want to try to qualify as a Mission Staff Assistant.  It is a pretty easy qualification to get, and at least in our Wing, seems to be in high demand.  Print out a copy of the SQTR for it from eServices.  Then at your next SAREX, find someone who is SET qualified who can sign you off on each of the requirements.   8)

Matt

The other easy, yet major, part with MSA is the ICS Level 200.  This can be accomplished by logging into FEMA's Virtual Campus and taking the IS-200 Class (ICS for Federal Disaster Workers) (Formally IS-195, however, if I remember right, and it has been a while, IS-195 was discontinued).  It's a quick open-book test, the other one you may want to gander at is IS-700 (NIMS: An Introduction).

They're quick classes, but quite nice to have!
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>