NEC Minutes - Draft - Nov 2009

Started by a2capt, December 27, 2009, 12:57:13 AM

desertengineer1

Quote from: Smokey on January 07, 2010, 07:22:55 PM
Sure CAP has some shady characters, but the point is some TSA folks haven't enough intelligence to tell the difference between a police badge, the Medal of Honor and a throwing star and claiming a tie tac is a firearm is beyond belief. They will accept the lowest form of ID that can be counterfeited (a drivers license , which by the way can be had in Los Angeles in less than an hour by counterfeiters for $20) but not a militray ID card nor a police ID!!!   Yet a CAP member trying to track down an ELT at the airport that has Part 121 ops is treated as a greater threat than the underwearbomber.

Something is wrong with this picture.  Every CAP senior member has at least had an FBI fingerprint check, not so for the zillions of folks just showing a driver's license.

I have used my military ID on every business trip, averaging at least every two weeks in the past nine years.  I've experienced no such incidents.  99% of the trips have had nothing less than courteous treatment.  They have inspected the ID card closely in every case.  When in military uniform, the treatment has been amazing.

I'm hearing a lot of stories, but have yet to see such.  And I travel frequently.

However, I've seen more than my share of belligerant travelers, whose anger is directly focused on the TSA employee.  I have nothing but respect for their patience.

heliodoc

Got to agree with desertengineer

Back and forth this week to Emmitsburg,MD. They were nothing but fair to me this time around also.

Can't say that I admire there post in life and granted no one forces them to work there....After this 6 month  layoff I MAY even have to consider luggage fondling for a second career. 

CAP' ers here can say whatever they want....... I don't think Global Security or whatever contractors in the past at many an airport were ANY brighter than TSA.  This country COULD go the way of the CCC and WPA AGAIN.   TSA...... a form of of the CCC.  Or as some put it...working welfare in a uniform.  I am sure there would be a ALOT of CAP bellyachin then....

Let it be said....TSA does not have a admirable mission.  WE COULD go the way of Israel.....I hear and READ ..THEY do a little profiling

We would in tougher shape IF we had a TOUGHER airport security as in Israel......might even take LONGER to get to gate then...

Then there would be ALOT of bellyachin from the general public and CAP'ers alike....How 'bout we try that route???  It may even be headed that way in the future.   Maybe not