Main Menu

CAP AF Blues

Started by Polecat, August 20, 2009, 11:51:47 PM

RiverAux

Quote from: Farva from AF BluesSo, in other news, I was reading the "reviews" of my CAP strips over at CAP Talk forum, and apparently at least one reader was unhappy with the way things went.  I almost registered a new account to respond, but another reader took the words right out of my mouth when he (or she) said to just be patient and see how it all unfolds.  I assure you, you have not seen the last of Meredith Dahl....

I wasn't unhappy with the story.  It was funny.  No problems there.  But the build up was this:
QuoteNow for a warning: with Meredith's introduction will come a lot of CAP bashing, mostly from Capt. Dahl.  I should state for the record that I personally have nothing against the USAF Auxillary, and anything seen in the comic to suggest otherwise MUST be taken in jest.  I've seen what happens when an angry CAP cadet gets going in the forums, and it usually isn't pretty.  As long as everyone remembers their place and just keeps their cool, this should be a lot of fun.

The fact that I have to say that to begin with should give you a little insight as to what's on the horizon...
And considering it looked like the end of that particular story line without even enough CAP bashing to make carrales mad, I felt like he'd pulled a bait and switch.

I'm glad to hear more is on the way eventually.

whatevah

woohoo, we're famous!   Thanks for the plug, Farva!

On a side note, has anybody else here donated to get his special series strips?
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

DC

Quote from: whatevah on September 04, 2009, 02:36:59 AM

Guilty. It's usually well worth the $5.  ;D

Pylon

Quote from: whatevah on September 04, 2009, 02:36:59 AM

Always worth it, heh.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RiverAux

More back seat comicing --- Have Dahl be assigned as the liaison to CAP for the surrogate predator program -- gets him involved with two things he apparently loathes.

Eclipse

Quote from: RiverAux on September 10, 2009, 02:55:59 AM
More back seat comicing --- Have Dahl be assigned as the liaison to CAP for the surrogate predator program -- gets him involved with two things he apparently loathes.

Wow - that'd be AWESOME!

"That Others May Zoom"

Jerry Jacobs

Just curious of what you guys think of the new comic from today?

DC

It would seem that UAV operators are among our non-fans...

We're cheaper and safer, what's not to hate love?

RiverAux

Quote from: tedda on September 03, 2009, 02:12:19 PM
^armchair cartoonist
Looks like my instincts may have been right, after all....
Quote from: RiverAux on September 10, 2009, 02:55:59 AM

Gunner C

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

My bet is that "Surrogate Predator" came into the mix a little late in Farva's "story arc cycle," so he may not be in a position to anticipate that wrinkle.  Or, maybe he is, and as things move forward it presents an opportunity for "story arc convergence" (Dahl's hatred of the UAVs and CAP's involvement in the UAV program) with the attendant hilarity that should ensue.

Time will tell.

I hate weekends just cuz Farva forces me to wait on my hands for Monday's strip.. Ugh.  Time to go skydive.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Pylon

Yeah and FYI for those that apparently have not picked up on this yet:  it's a comic strip.

For those CAP members already posting in the AFBlues comments section getting all defensive and making arguments why CAP's existence is justified:  calm down; you make us look bad! Learn to take a joke in good humor.  ;)

DC

http://www.afblues.com/?p=1189#comments

The CAP bashing has begun!

My only nitpick: the cadet's squadron patch is on the wrong side...

Eclipse

Quote from: DC on September 21, 2009, 11:18:53 PM
My only nitpick: the cadet's squadron patch is on the wrong side...

Looks like a hawk patch, which is an NCSA.  That's the only place a HMRSS patch should ever go..

And any cadet with a 'tude like that is welcome to go where its sandy.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

Why are their eyebrows on the outside of their hat?

Note that there are more replies to these strips from folks complaining about CAP people complaining than there actually are CAP people complaining.  I guess if it makes them feel good, its ok. 

Pylon

Quote from: RiverAux on September 22, 2009, 02:29:17 AM
Why are their eyebrows on the outside of their hat?

Why does Dilbert have no mouth?   Why do Garfield's whiskers come from the top of his head?   He's an artist drawing a cartoon, not an illustrator capturing the essence of reality.   

Quote from: RiverAux on September 22, 2009, 02:29:17 AMNote that there are more replies to these strips from folks complaining about CAP people complaining than there actually are CAP people complaining.  I guess if it makes them feel good, its ok.

I'm actually surprised there are so few people tired of hearing from fellow CAP members.

Gunner C

Yep, that's what the AF thinks of us.  Its our own fault.

flyerthom

Quote from: DC on September 21, 2009, 11:18:53 PM
http://www.afblues.com/?p=1189#comments

The CAP bashing has begun!
I wish they would remember this is a comic, a gag, an unfinished gag, an unfinished gag that could very well be positive - or changed - before it's completed.
TC

Gunner C

I disagree - this has more of a bite to it.  It's not just making fun of the fighter/predator stuff.  There's another point to it, just not sure what that is yet.