Here is one to ponder...Would you burn your CAP uniform?

Started by Major Carrales, September 11, 2007, 04:53:55 AM

floridacyclist

I might consider taking the patches off or taping over them to increase the effectiveness of the camouflage....needless to say, I wouldn't worry about weight limits for camo as long as I can get in them, which I can. In that scenario, It probably wouldn't take long for me to reach teh limits anyway LOL

As far as weapons, thankfully we still live in a country that allows us to keep and arm bears...or something like that. Hopefully whatever we had would hold us over till we got our hands on some AKs or whatever "they" were using.

I don't think we would stand and fight as that sounds like suicide..but there's an awful lot of swamp to disappear in up here.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

JohnKachenmeister

Dude... I SO want to be an insurgent!

The Iraqi insurgency is run by rank amateurs.  You want to occupy where I live?  Bring it!  I'll show you how an insurgency SHOULD be conducted.

Within 6 months the foreign savages will be skulking back to their third-world dung heaps with what's left of their tails between their collective legs.

And I would not worry about all that "The CAP is not armed" nonsense.  If we are occupied by a foreign power, who's gonna start the 2b paperwork?

After the foreigners are thrown out, then we will deal with the American traitors who supported them.  The law provides for a special trial procedure:

1.  Get a rope.

2.  Tie one end of the rope to a tree, the other end to the neck of the alleged traitor.

3.  Place the alleged traitor on a horse.

4.  Slap the horse's butt real hard to make it run.

5.  If the rope stays slack, the defendant is found not guilty.
Another former CAP officer

Pylon

Seriously folks, stop smoking crack.  It's bad for your health.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

davedove

Well, since I don't live in those areas, I would continue my work as an Army civilian and support any effort that way.  Continuing in CAP would be another way to give my support.

Now, if I were living in the areas, I would probably get rid of the uniforms.  If they are checking for American supporters I wouldn't want to be identified.  To form a good resistance, you have to look like everyone else.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Nomex Maximus

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on September 11, 2007, 01:32:54 PM
Dude... I SO want to be an insurgent! ...After the foreigners are thrown out, then we will deal with the American traitors who supported them.  The law provides for a special trial procedure:

1.  Get a rope.

2.  Tie one end of the rope to a tree, the other end to the neck of the alleged traitor.

You forgot the six-pack for the hanging party.  >:D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on September 11, 2007, 02:04:09 PM
Dude... I SO want to be an insurgent! ...After the foreigners are thrown out, then we will deal with the American traitors who supported them.  The law provides for a special trial procedure:

1.  Get a rope.

CAP Regs clearly state that no alcohol is to be consumed in the presence of cadets.
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on September 11, 2007, 02:10:52 PM

1.  Get a rope.

CAP Regs clearly state that no alcohol is to be consumed in the presence of cadets.

Yea... but I didn't specify alcoholic beverages... cadinks, the root beer's over yonder!  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

A.Member

So, in the land of make believe....  ::)

Worst thread ever?  Possibly.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Dragoon

Two separate questions:

1.  Resist? - You betcha

2.  Resist as a CAP member in uniform?  - Why?  CAP is for ES and cadets, not fighting.  There's virtually no reason to organize a resistance around the Civil Air Patrol - best to start from scratch.  And those full color patches will get you killed!

Plus, do you really want the National Board coordinating the defense of this nation?   :o

Trung Si Ma

As an Army retiree, do I finally get to add the star to my CIB?

Seriously, (OK semi-seriously) my military background would get me activated quickly and I'm sure that the rust would come off of some of those skills learned at Camp McCall years ago.

Katz is right about the amount of problems that many of the American people would provide an occupying power.  Our historical version of civil disobedience would transcend to a plane not seen on this continent since the early 1860's.  It takes a very strong military discipline to remain coherent when facing a protracted guerrilla campaign.  The forces mentioned do not have that discipline as a military culture.

An academic question to be sure - but not a complete one.  Even those who would yell "Chiu Oy  ... me be Kit Carson" have clothes in their closet with an American flag on them (usually sewn to their fourth point of contact).  They would quickly find themselves in the same boat.
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

RogueLeader

Quote from: Major Carrales on September 11, 2007, 05:14:13 AM

I know many of you live for CAP...would you die for it?

No. I would not die for CAP, but I would die for the USA, and I would be more than proud to do it in a CAP uniform.  However, it would be far more likely that I'll have my guns out and fighting as well.  Means I wouldn't be in CAP uniform, but oh well.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

davedove

Quote from: RogueLeader on September 11, 2007, 03:28:09 PM
However, it would be far more likely that I'll have my guns out and fighting as well.  Means I wouldn't be in CAP uniform, but oh well.

Of course you wouldn't be in uniform.  CAP, by regs, is not supposed to be armed.  So, if you wore your CAP uniform while fighting you would be subject to disciplinary action. ;D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Trung Si Ma on September 11, 2007, 03:21:54 PM
As an Army retiree, do I finally get to add the star to my CIB?

Seriously, (OK semi-seriously) my military background would get me activated quickly and I'm sure that the rust would come off of some of those skills learned at Camp McCall years ago.

Katz is right about the amount of problems that many of the American people would provide an occupying power.  Our historical version of civil disobedience would transcend to a plane not seen on this continent since the early 1860's.  It takes a very strong military discipline to remain coherent when facing a protracted guerrilla campaign.  The forces mentioned do not have that discipline as a military culture.

An academic question to be sure - but not a complete one.  Even those who would yell "Chiu Oy  ... me be Kit Carson" have clothes in their closet with an American flag on them (usually sewn to their fourth point of contact).  They would quickly find themselves in the same boat.

The safe conduct passes I saw said "Chieu Hoi."  If they were yelling Chiu Oy, you must have run into those Jewish NVA guys.

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on September 11, 2007, 02:10:52 PM

1.  Get a rope.

Silly!

The cadets have to chase the horse down to recover it before the next trial!

Lancer

Quote from: A.Member on September 11, 2007, 02:54:49 PM
So, in the land of make believe....  ::)

Worst thread ever?  Possibly.

"Have fun storming the castle!" - Miracle Max

Major Carrales

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on September 11, 2007, 07:35:52 AM

I don't appreciate you generalizing the youth as lazy and apathetic (Mods, plz dont lock the thread ).  If you think that we would just sit idly by during a massive invasion or revolution your dead @%$*ing wrong. 

That does not address the fact that, in many places, it is true.   I don't limit that comment to the youth of our Nation, but to the population in general.

That is why I place lots of emphasis on CADET PROGRAMs.  Youth need to be developed into productive citizens of their nation.  Right now many turn to gangs and other "counter cultures" to fit in.  In a world where youngsters fit in more with "thug nasty" cutlure than care to stand during the National Anthem; A world where the schoolboy is the looser and the pimp is the goal.

Tell me it ain't so and I'll retract my comments.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Walkman

I'd wear the BDUs and fight/assist where possible, AFTER I got my wife & 5 kids to safety (if I were in the occupied area). The only reason I'd wear the BDUs is 'cause I have no prior military service, so they're all I got. Thinkin' I'd do something to tone down the blue tapes, but I'm not going to cover up the flag.

<chuckle>
To paraphrase (and tweak) a quote from Casablanca:
Major Heinze: Can you image us (The Nazis) in London?
Rick: When you get there, ask me
Heinze: How about TEXAS
Rick: Well there are certain sections of TEXAS that I wouldn't advise you to invade

I'm trying to picture ANY enemy having any progress at all trying to invade Texas.
</chuckle>

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: RogueLeader on September 11, 2007, 03:28:09 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on September 11, 2007, 05:14:13 AM

I know many of you live for CAP...would you die for it?

No. I would not die for CAP, but I would die for the USA, and I would be more than proud to do it in a CAP uniform.  However, it would be far more likely that I'll have my guns out and fighting as well.  Means I wouldn't be in CAP uniform, but oh well.

I believe General Patton said something like, "No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. You win a war by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

SoCalCAPOfficer

Quote from: Major Carrales on September 11, 2007, 04:03:20 PM

In a world where youngsters fit in more with "thug nasty" cutlure than care to stand during the National Anthem; A world where the schoolboy is the looser and the pimp is the goal.

Tell me it ain't so and I'll retract my comments.

SARKID no disrespect meant to you and other cadets.  However, Major Carrales hit the nail on the head with that quote.   When I was a teenager we lived under the threat of nuclear attack, so we practiced Civil Defense drills at school, we started the day with the pledge of allegiance, we were nationalistic and it was considered a good thing.  Today, the youth are taught that the United States is the problem, that it is better to negotiate rather than fight, and that multiculturalism is the way.   So is it any wonder, we older Americans might have a little trepidation as to how the youth of America might react to an invasion?
Daniel L. Hough, Maj, CAP
Commander
Hemet Ryan Sq 59  PCR-CA-458