2012 civil air patrol national conference

Started by KirkF22, August 18, 2012, 11:58:46 PM

KirkF22

Does anyone know if the 2012 civil air patrol national conference in baltimore will be online? and if it is where can i watch it?

MSG Mac

There is no mention of it on the National website. Usually there is a broadcast e-mail to all members reminding them of the livestream If there is one.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SarDragon

Since the actual audience figures have been low, and there have been transmission difficulties, I think the further attempts at live streaming the meetings have been canceled.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Big_Ed

I actually liked the streaming (when it worked)  :(
Edgar R. Flick, Lt. Colonel, CAP
Emergency Services Training Officer,
Pennsylvania Wing/NERPA001
Member since 1977

NCRblues

So according to NHQ's listed schedule, the NB is in session right now...

https://events.capnhq.gov/OnlineStore/2012AnnualConferenceandNationalBoard/Schedule.aspx

Anyone able to give us an update?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

CAPSGT

Just administrative updates, state of the organization and whatnot so far.  Governance coming up.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Eclipse

Word is the governance discussion is happening now.

"That Others May Zoom"

Ned

True.

Full press release to follow on NHQ website, FB, and Twitter shortly.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Larry Mangum

If I am reading the release correctly, and the devil will be in the details (once they are released), the old national board is renamed and basically only becomes an advisor to the CEO. The old NEC is also renamed and become an advisor to the BOG. Interesting and a dramatic  change.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

Pylon

Wow, I'm impressed.  Good stuff.  It looks like we'll be starting to work a little more like a major non-profit organization.  And maybe with the National Commander acting as a CEO, we'll be able to make the more routine changes like reg updates, changes to policies to keep up with the times, etc. in a more timely fashion rather than needed them every change, no matter how minute, to wait for NB meetings and go through NB votes.  I think this may also help better align the volunteer and national paid staff structures.

I'm excited to see how this pans out as far as implementation. 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

lordmonar

Quote from: Larry Mangum on August 24, 2012, 03:49:40 PM
If I am reading the release correctly, and the devil will be in the details (once they are released), the old national board is renamed and basically only becomes an advisor to the CEO. The old NEC is also renamed and become an advisor to the BOG. Interesting and a dramatic  change.
That's the way I read it....no more self licking ice cream cone......Chain of Command is from the BoG down to the CC to region, to wing, to group, to unit to member.

No more CC having to do political deals to run the organisation....he/she now only has to please 2/3 of the BoG to keep his job.

Now...all we have to do is take care of Wing Level politics and we will be cooking with GAS!  :)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

keystone102

I just reread Maj General Carr's bio on the website http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/Carr_Bio__Aug_2011_2_2E33A173E39BC.pdf. It appears he does not have a Bachelors degree which would mean he may not be eligible to remain as National Commander. Could someone at the National Board meeting tell us if this was addressed at the meeting? I am not hoping/wishing for his removal just wondering what is coming down the pike.

Dragoon

This is good news.  While I doubt CAP will ever adopt a true "military" mindset, at least a top-down authority chain will keep us focused on core missions.   There's probably a lot of old guard Wing CCs (some  with national aspirations) who are realllllllly torqued about this.

The only self licking part of the new plan is the 4 at large CAP members.  Effectively, they could become the National CC's voting block.  I wonder how they'll avoid this.

bosshawk

Ref: the CCs voting block: that could work both ways and it would likely negate somethiing that the CC wanted to do.

This whole decision effectively removes most of the politics from the national level, as I see it.  I can imagine a number of Region and Wing CCs who now have had their fangs pulled and that isn't all bad.

IMHO, this is the best thing that has happened to CAP in the 20 years that I have known about CAP.

Now, if you can figure out a way to quality-control the people who occupy the Wing positions, I might consider returning.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

ColonelJack

I too think this new governance is a good idea.  Too many times over the past few years we've been hearing about the "back-room" deals made between the lord-high-muckeymucks in CAP.  This should put a screeching halt to all of that nonsense.

At least, we can all hope so.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

rugger1869

So... when's the new uniform going to be announced?

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

ZigZag911

If this works as described, it's a wonderful shift in CAP's approach to leadership and management, both...hopefully it will reduce internal politics to a minimum.