Facebook and Social Media Now Illegal for CAP?

Started by arthurfreidheim, February 13, 2012, 01:46:03 PM

arthurfreidheim

The "reg" quoted is the AP task guide, which talks about ownership of photos taken on cap missions. CAP owns them all. That, coupled with "sensitivity" of higher leadership about what members might post on FB is what is driving this now. Any flight is considered a mission.

I think this is misguided, but I am not in a position to fight it.

Pylon

Stop feeding the troll, gentlemen.  ::)

Only the most ambitious of trolls could contrive to make our organization's need to sensitively handle mission photographs into "CAP bans members from using tha Intarnets and all social media like everr and stuff! I swear iz true!"
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

arthurfreidheim

Quote from: Pylon on February 13, 2012, 07:31:49 PM
Stop feeding the troll, gentlemen.  ::)

Only the most ambitious of trolls could contrive to make our organization's need to sensitively handle mission photographs into "CAP bans members from using tha Intarnets and all social media like everr and stuff! I swear iz true!"

Nope, you don't get it.

Eclipse

Quote from: arthurfreidheim on February 13, 2012, 07:29:26 PM
The "reg" quoted is the AP task guide, which talks about ownership of photos taken on cap missions. CAP owns them all. That, coupled with "sensitivity" of higher leadership about what members might post on FB is what is driving this now. Any flight is considered a mission.

I think this is misguided, but I am not in a position to fight it.

The AP Task guide is not a "reg", and the reference regarding photos refers to the mission tasking photos, not random photos of CAP activities in general.

Common sense and OPSEC regarding mission work does not equate to a prohibition in regards to members posting photos of CAP activities on public websites.

You're in a position to use your common sense to stop trolling this board.

"That Others May Zoom"

arthurfreidheim

lordmonar

Dude.

It seems that you are the ONLY ONE being told this.  I am a squadron commander and they have not told me to stop.  We have a squadron web page and a squadron facebook page.

I don't doubt that you are being told this.  But I think maybe that someone has misinterpreted some information and things are getting blown out of porpotion.

A regular poster here is a member of the BoG....I am sure that if it was policy not to post on these sites he would let us know.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

arthurfreidheim

I really take offense at being called a troll. I am asking a real and legitimate question. I am not making this stuff up. Eclipse, quit making this into a fight. You are not helping.

Lordmonar, thanks for your comment. 

Eclipse

You haven't "asked" anything.  Corrected, see next post.

You've had exactly two threads on this forum.

One where you tried to characterize CAP as ignoring process and terminating people unfairly, and now one where you assert that CAP's use of
public web services is "illegal".

The best advice, again, is to follow the lead of your pseudonym.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

Actually, the original post was a question, at the end, of a laughable reaction and declaration.

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

arthurfreidheim

Thanks, you guys are really useless. I'm gone. Idiots.

Major Lord

Quote from: spacecommand on February 13, 2012, 05:47:55 PM
Nope, we're the CAP not the CIA.   8)

Ahhhhh! he said "the" CAP, and "the" CIA! It burns , it burns! Also, someone at National told me it was illegal, or possibly "Ill Eagle" to say "the"

Major Lord
"She said "Jehova!"
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

HGjunkie

Quote from: arthurfreidheim on February 13, 2012, 08:43:22 PM

QuoteWe don't believe the words, we just love the way they sound
They're acting like we're idiots, They're lying to our face
Maybe we are idiots, we buy it anyway
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

RiverAux

The listserve used by PAOs has had a thread on social media going on recently (which had posts from very high level PAOs) and nothing was mentioned about any changes. 

SarDragon

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

AngelWings

Thats where you went wrong. You forgot that the singular form of the word idiots is idiot, and that you are supposed to use out when leaving a conversation. And over, never forget over.
It should have looked like: "Thanks, you guys are really useless, over. Idiot, out."
Much, much more appropiate. All of these conversations are being monitored due to social media concerns, and the black vans seems to take notice of people who do not use correct radio protocol.

EMT-83

Way to go folks, acting like a bunch of jerks.

The adults were bad enough, but where did you cadets ever get the idea being so disrespectful is acceptable?

PHall

Quote from: EMT-83 on February 14, 2012, 12:33:05 AM
Way to go folks, acting like a bunch of jerks.

The adults were bad enough, but where did you cadets ever get the idea being so disrespectful is acceptable?

From watching us Seniors, why?