Main Menu

online modules

Started by maverik, August 09, 2008, 02:16:02 AM

maverik

Does anyone know if there is anyway to download aerospace modules.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

stratoflyer

There ought to be. But no I haven't seen that.
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

IceNine

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

DC

MitchCat

Go to eServices, and on the left, there is a column of options.  Third from the top you'll see  "Aerospace Downloads". Click that, and then find whatever AE materials you need.  That was easy!
Catherine "Cat" G. Sedy, C/TSgt, CAP
Bravo Flight Sergeant
Peninsula Composite Squadron, PCR-WA-051
Encampment Honor Cadet, CFXIII Summer 2008
Ground and Urban Direction Finding Team Task O-0102-3-f: ...Sleep whenever possible.

stratoflyer

stratoflyer

Hey, they got a 2nd edition of the hardcover aerospace book. Anyone know what changes were made?

CAP006

Quote from: stratoflyer on August 11, 2008, 03:31:45 AM
Hey, they got a 2nd edition of the hardcover aerospace book. Anyone know what changes were made?

They added newer modern aircrafts, more of the old WWII aircrafts, and a few other things.  I enjoy testing the cadets in my squadren on the different aircrafts.
CAP 006 = one away from the Big Shot

C/2nd. Lt. Robert Dahms
Cadet ES Officer
Cadet Comm's Officer
Color Guard Commander
MER-NC-023

stratoflyer

Is it just me or does anyone else think that as general aerospace classes for the squadron, the hardcover book should be used. It seems to have all the basics and then some.

Anyone ever actually tried incorporating this into a math or science class.

I got to say the best aerospace class I ever had was down by a CAP officer who was a high school physics teacher. Now that was fun!

DC

Quote from: stratoflyer on August 12, 2008, 05:30:46 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else think that as general aerospace classes for the squadron, the hardcover book should be used. It seems to have all the basics and then some.

I got to say the best aerospace class I ever had was down by a CAP officer who was a high school physics teacher. Now that was fun!
I'm the C/AEO for my squadron, I actually don't use the AE textbooks (Aerospace Dimensions and Journey of Flight) at all for lessons, at least not directly. I use the AEX books, and stuff I come up with on my own. I really don't like teaching material the cadets can (and are supposed to) learn on their own...

CAP006

Quote from: DC on August 12, 2008, 05:47:32 AM

I'm the C/AEO for my squadron, I actually don't use the AE textbooks (Aerospace Dimensions and Journey of Flight) at all for lessons, at least not directly. I use the AEX books, and stuff I come up with on my own. I really don't like teaching material the cadets can (and are supposed to) learn on their own...

The point of being C/AEO is to help the cadets learn AE through the textbooks (reason why CAP made them). If you say "Oh they'er suppose to learn by themselves" then you wont really know if a cadet needs help in a part of their books.

Also in the textbooks are activities that they can do. You (as the C/AEO) should be holding these activities and doing the activities with them.
CAP 006 = one away from the Big Shot

C/2nd. Lt. Robert Dahms
Cadet ES Officer
Cadet Comm's Officer
Color Guard Commander
MER-NC-023

DC

Quote from: CAP006 on August 26, 2008, 03:16:07 AM
Quote from: DC on August 12, 2008, 05:47:32 AM

The point of being C/AEO is to help the cadets learn AE through the textbooks (reason why CAP made them). If you say "Oh they'er suppose to learn by themselves" then you wont really know if a cadet needs help in a part of their books.

Also in the textbooks are activities that they can do. You (as the C/AEO) should be holding these activities and doing the activities with them.
Those same activities, plus a lot more, are in AEX, which I use a decent amount.

I see my purpose as to teach them what the book doesn't. If they are having trouble passing their tests, more often then not they will go to their element leader for help. If they don't do that, and fail repeatedly, the testing officer lets someone on the cadet staff know and we get someone to tutor them.

I teach my cadets to be as self-reliant as possible when it comes to information. By teaching them to self-study, and look up information on their own it places far more responsibility on them, and they usually rise up to the challenge and become excellent cadets. For the few that have trouble, for whatever reason, we do our best to tutor them and help them along. By spoon feeding them the textbook you are wasting so much time that could be used to introduce them to the vast number of AE topics that the books don't cover. The book is to cover the basics, the AE classes at the meeting is to go further.

stratoflyer

I've always thought that the AE texts serve more as a conversation starter and it is the MINIMUM that they are to learn. There is not cap as to what a cadet can learn in AE in CAP.

AvroArrow

Quote from: MitchCat on August 09, 2008, 01:15:24 PM
Go to eServices, and on the left, there is a column of options.  Third from the top you'll see  "Aerospace Downloads". Click that, and then find whatever AE materials you need.  That was easy!

Is there a "leadership chapter(s)" equivalent?