AEPSM (Yeager Test) Reporting

Started by Short Field, May 09, 2008, 01:27:11 PM

Short Field

This came up in another thread and I couldn't find the source for the change in procedures on processing Yeager Awards.  It is the July 2007 Newsbrief for Aerospace Education located here:
http://www.cap.gov/visitors/members/aerospace_education/stay_informed/ae_updates/

The following is extracted:

   AEPSM (Yeager Test) reporting information for DAEs:  We now have the capability to offer members immediate feedback when they take the Yeager Test online. After successfully passing the test online, the member will automatically have his/her accomplishment posted to his/her records and the Yeager Certificate will be available for download as a pdf.  The only reason we need to have a Form 127 and have the DAE issue a CAPC 20 is in the event that the member takes the test as a pencil and paper exam and not online.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Maj Ballard

Hmm that's interesting. I'm kind of disappointed that the CAPC 20 won't be issued as a nice, cardstock certificate anymore. That was a nice award to give, and particularly motivating to new members.

On the other hand, immediate authorization for the ribbon, etc. is a good thing.
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

DrDave

Actually, you can still print them out on nice cardstock and present them at a squadron, group, or wing function.

I found this new procedure GREATLY speeded up the process of members getting their Yeagers.  It's a good thing.

Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

Pylon

That actually is disappointing.  Having a certificate on cardstock, printed by offset press and hand calligraphered by your Wing DAE (as they have all been done in NYWG for years), and presented by Wing HQ with a frame at the Wing Conference was really nice.

A home-printed certificate will never look as nice as one printed by offset press, and will allow quality to vary wildly.  The guy who prints them on his home ink jet on regular copy paper, versus the person who prints them from their office color laser on ultra-bright cardstock, ad nauseum.

So now members get their Yeager award quicker.  Except it's a download-and-print-it-yourself certificate.  Makes it feel real important.     ::) :P
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Maj Ballard

L. Ballard, Major, CAP

jimmydeanno

It's not exactly difficult to pass - so how important is it really...I got 100%, no studying closed book, it was a gimme.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SarDragon

The capacity for the nice certificates, AFAIK, still exists. We just got half a dozen done at wing about eight months ago, under the new system, and they were great. I think all you gotta do is ask.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Short Field

;D  Trust me - it really really depends on who you have running the program at wing.  I spent almost a year just trying to get eight people credit for earning the AEPSM.   I couldn't get them a certificate until I could print them myself.   I'll gladly settle for having to print it out on parchment card stock if I can present it to them before they forget they even took the test.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

DNall

okay, here's the deal. I took a closed book paper yeager test years ago & passed, it never posted (thx WG). Break in membership, lots of stuff dropped off, plugged some back in, selectively not some other techs I want nothing more to do with, an couldn't get credit for some other stuff that was just lost. So, redid lots of things, yeager being on that list.

I took the online yeager #1, prior to the above mentioned change. It didn't post. I just took the #2 last night & it did post. Is it two 100q tests & you have to take both, or is it just one of the two. Not that it matters to me at this point, but I'd like to be able to advise people in the future if they need to take both parts or not.

LtCol Hooligan

You just have to take one of the tests.  I think the other one is there in case you fail the first test.  Nice job on passing.  Your unit will get credit for another Yeager!!
ERIK C. LUDLOW, Lt Col, CAP
Director of IT; Director of Cadet Programs
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.ndcap.us

DNall

great, I appreciate it. It's a tad silly I've passed it three times now, but that's down the line of continuing education/refresher as far as I'm concerned.

My main issue is my previous CP master rating dropped to Sr after break in service & lost records. All my previous encampments & NCSAs dropped off too. So, re-accomplished all those reqs including taking & instructor at TLC that got added since then, so now should be able to re-submit. Plus can put in for master AE also. Gotta figure out if I can put in for master on RR. Not sure on that one. Records are just all jacked up. Not that huge a concern. Not like I wear any but the CP badge anyway, and I've moved to ESO now, so might trade that out for my ES badge at some point. No worries though. Again, appreciate the quick answer.