Aircraft (sortie) status board suggestions? PLEASE!

Started by w7sar, October 16, 2008, 06:34:52 PM

MikeD

We need to get away from just the static status board, and have something graphical on a map, showing at least what grids are hot, and with who.  Even better would be my blue force tracker-style ideas I've been on about for a couple of months....

One of these days I need to just sit down and write something...  ;)

** Edit**

After thinking about this, any wish list items for the software?

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: RiverAux on October 21, 2008, 10:28:49 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on October 21, 2008, 09:47:48 PM
It needs to be updated at the end of the missions or sometimes the sorties depending on the Wing, but as long as its reconciled at the end of the day, that's all.
Wrong!  In general we can't launch a sortie until it is in WMIRs and is green. 

???
We launch sorties all the time and don't update WMIRS until the end of the mission.

Did you mean IMU when you said WMIRS?
Another former CAP officer

IceNine

That was a local policy thing.  There are some wings that are no fly zones without it being in WIMRS first
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

RiverAux

Quote from: IceNine on November 19, 2008, 03:25:55 PM
That was a local policy thing.  There are some wings that are no fly zones without it being in WIMRS first
Nope, it was something that we were told to do from either NHQ or CAP-USAF. 

IceNine

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

RiverAux

All I can tell you is what I was told while working at mission base by the person who received the order. 

IceNine

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

RiverAux

I'm telling you that either the IC or SD (I forget which) got off the phone with NOC or CAP-USAF (I forget which) and told us that this is what we had to do.  It wasn't their call....

Short Field

I know the mission number has to be in WMIRS first.  All I could find in the WMIRS instructions was a requirement to have the completed sortie loaded within 72 hrs of completion of the sortie.    When using the IMU, you have the option of loading and updating a sortie at any time (nice little green button on the 104 page).  When you finish the mission for the day, I am pretty sure it automatically uploads all the sorties to WMIRS and the WMU.  I do know we normally manually upload it as well (just a selection on the data managment page).
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

KyCAP

And if you use the IMU and the radio operators are at the console entering the status updates of the aircraft then you can see a graphic of their position on the status board.

It also has Google earth layers and calculates the PODS for grids graphically. 
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing