official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Nick

Hi gang.

Well, today is my "last official day" in Iraq, so as I'm heading home I'll be getting back into the mix here.  Hope y'all didn't miss me too much. :)
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

CadetProgramGuy

Have your bags packed and hiding in the HAS for the Transport?

Nick

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on January 09, 2008, 10:13:15 AM
Have your bags packed and hiding in the HAS for the Transport?

Almost. Bags are packed and sitting in my room. I'm living out of the bag right now, my airlift was cancelled so I'm standing by to stand by. Hopefully I'll be out of here before my flight home leaves Al Udeid. :)
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

IACAPphotog

Hey all. Long time listner, first time caller. I am happy to be part of your community.

Marty Robey, 2d Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Des Moines Senior Squadron

"My spelling sucks, I can't fly, and I get lost easy - so they gave me a camera"

pixelwonk

Great to have you.
Welcome to CAP Talk.

teesquared

OK, here's my official "I'm here." post.
Maj Terry Thompson
DP/DA   RMR-CO-147

Michael

Hope I haven't posted on this thread before.

Let my presence be known.  Hoorah.
Bill Coons, C/Capt

brenaud

Greetings, All.  I've been reading the site for a while and finally registered.  Now I'm finally posting!

I joined MS-100 in 2002, then transferred to the Knoxville Senior Squadron (TN-087) when I moved to TN a couple of years ago.  I stayed there a little over a year before moving to Group 1 Staff. 

Current ES quals are GES, SET, MS, MO, CUL and MRO.  Hope to add a couple of others soon.

I'm also an amateur radio operator (callsign WR4MS).  If you're a ham I look forward to hearing you on the air.

Guess that's enough for now....Semper Vigilans!
WILLIAM A. RENAUD, Lt Col, CAP
TNWG Director of Personnel & Administration
GRW #2699

mynetdude

This is my very first post here, I have been lurking here a very long time and have found this site by accident when trying to locate the site for the captalk listserv website which I am not sure is related to captalk.net because this captalk listserv is for Oregon squadrons which is provided by peak.org.

Anyhow I think its time I make myself known to the CAP community at large :) even though I have found tons of information highly valuable from this forum, too much to keep up with honestly.

Being recently entrusted to perform duties as the LG/IT/Personnel officer for my squadron due to recent changes and departure of a previous member who used to do all these things for the squadron I have become his successor (kind of exciting and sad at the same time as he was a huge loss to our squadron).  My point is, being known here now and then will help me in the long run for my CAP future career.

I'd just like to thank those who have made this possible and for those who have approved my registration some time ago (at least 6 months ago).  I look forward to learning more as I can.

I have a technician rating in ITO, I will promote to 1st Lt in April of '08. I have  ES qualifications in GES, MRO, MSA, MS, SET and soon to be LO and UDF and will not be renewing my MS unless qualifications unless I acheive the MO qualification which will be difficult for me due to my hearing and vision though I know I can get the job done under training enviornment as my purpose to be MS/MO qualified is to provide on the ground training support to the squadron so to do it I have to do practicals as well.

I have been a member of Southern Oregon's Medford Composite Squadron since October 2006, I plan to remain as long as our squadron is standing or until I move far enough that would require me to transfer.

Happy Superbowl Sunday :)

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

JoeTomasone

Hi folks, I found the site via an email from a site member on a technical matter, and finally got around to really visiting and signing up.

I'm a former cadet back in the '80s, Got the Goddard but never the Mitchell (long story).   Became a ham radio operator and was very ARES focused until the then NY Wing Commander grabbed a few of us to help reinvigorate the comms program there.   Short version: I got divorced, moved to FL, and was in Patron status for years thanks to a very busy job that kept me on the road a LOT.

During the Hurricane Wilma response, I ran into some members at the EOC where we had co-located radio gear.  After chatting with them for a few days, the bug again bit, and I signed up as the Asst. Comms Officer for the local Group.  Barely a few months in, the Comms Officer stepped down and I stepped up - just in time to hear the magical letters for the first time: S-8.   What's that?   Talk about sink or swim!

So now, I'm busy trying to get all the ES qualifications I'm interested in, and have the bulk behind me.   MRO, CUL, and UDF are done, and I'm a first aid class away from GTM3.  MSA, GTM2/1 & GTL, plus maybe a few others, lie ahead.   Then I guess I will have to work on a Senior rating before the PDO gets mad.  :)

I'm (re)married, with 3 kids (none of whom are cadet age yet!), and live in Tampa, FL. 

I'm glad to be on the board.

- Joe

Michael

Bill Coons, C/Capt

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: JoeTomasone on March 03, 2008, 02:35:16 AM
Barely a few months in, the Comms Officer stepped down and I stepped up - just in time to hear the magical letters for the first time: S-8.

OUCH!

Welcome to the board and welcome back to CAP!

Pylon

Quote from: mynetdude on February 03, 2008, 07:58:06 PM
This is my very first post here, I have been lurking here a very long time and have found this site by accident when trying to locate the site for the captalk listserv website which I am not sure is related to captalk.net because this captalk listserv is for Oregon squadrons which is provided by peak.org.

We're not related to the captalk listserv, but welcome to our online CAP community!  It's great to have dedicated new members here.  I hope you make yourself at home!  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

mynetdude

Quote from: Pylon on March 03, 2008, 04:57:21 AM
Quote from: mynetdude on February 03, 2008, 07:58:06 PM

We're not related to the captalk listserv, but welcome to our online CAP community!  It's great to have dedicated new members here.  I hope you make yourself at home!  :)

Uh I've been here awhile now... thanks for the welcome belated... :P

I do realize that this forum has nothing to do with the listserv, but I thought I'd make that noteworthy because thats how I found this forum or I wouldn't have at all.

Well I'd still like to think of myself as dedicated, I spend whole days by myself doing lots of things (and sometimes with my assistants) on certain days getting things done for the squadron.  With some things in light of regulations and privileges I may be setting a smaller "box" as to what I will get involved with than I originally intended to get involved with.

The important thing is no matter how/where I am involved in CAP, it has giving me the ability to say I've been doing something as to whether or not I have accomplished anything is another topic itself. 

I do have some goals/plans, as to whether or not I can achieve them will depend on what financial limitations are in place and what my goals entails and require me to do.  All I can say right now is I've accomplished another dream, was to join CAP, my last dream before that was to be able to drive as those are the two biggest accomplishments since I have been out of high school that I have done on my own.

Anyway, I look forward to making friends here on the boards even if I never get to meet them in person :)

RickFranz

Hello CAP Talk

I have been lurking for awhile and thought it was time to get more involved.  I join CAP back in 1968, CAWG.  My family moved to NM transfered to there, stayed a Cadet for 6 years, did 6 years in the USAF (went to the Dark side when I joined the AF) 2 years at Whiteman AFB, then PCS'd to Torrejon AB, Spain for he rest of my time in the service.  When we (met my wife in the AF) got back to the states we moved around a bit.  We were in the TX and TN wings for a while and just dropped out.  When our daughter turned 12, we were living in SD, she joined and dragged all of us back in.  After several years in the SD Wing, my work moved us to KS where we stayed long enough for all three of our kids finished the cadet program (2 C/Lt Col. and 1 C/Capt).  After that we slowed down a bit and moved back to TX and dropped out again.  A few years ago moved back to KS and four out of the 5 of us rejoined and are active here in the squadron and the wing.  The one that is not - oh he is in the navy and is planning on "re-uping" once he gets out.

Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Bear Walling

Thats alot of moving around major.

Anywho, welcome to captalk.

♠SARKID♠

I tried drawing a map of that in my head...I think you broke my brain.

Welcome sir!

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: RickFranz on March 17, 2008, 12:33:10 PM
Hello CAP Talk

I have been lurking for awhile and thought it was time to get more involved.  I join CAP back in 1968, CAWG.  My family moved to NM transfered to there, stayed a Cadet for 6 years, did 6 years in the USAF (went to the Dark side when I joined the AF) 2 years at Whiteman AFB, then PCS'd to Torrejon AB, Spain for he rest of my time in the service.  When we (met my wife in the AF) got back to the states we moved around a bit.  We were in the TX and TN wings for a while and just dropped out.  When our daughter turned 12, we were living in SD, she joined and dragged all of us back in.  After several years in the SD Wing, my work moved us to KS where we stayed long enough for all three of our kids finished the cadet program (2 C/Lt Col. and 1 C/Capt).  After that we slowed down a bit and moved back to TX and dropped out again.  A few years ago moved back to KS and four out of the 5 of us rejoined and are active here in the squadron and the wing.  The one that is not - oh he is in the navy and is planning on "re-uping" once he gets out.

Welcome to CAPTalk, I can now say that your the 7th person from KSWG that I've met (at least online) in my entire CAP career :P
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

RickFranz

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 22, 2008, 07:16:51 AM
I tried drawing a map of that in my head...I think you broke my brain.

Welcome sir!
My Dad kept a map with push pins in it with string showing all our moves, I can't remember if he ran out of pins or string first...

Thanks
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1