official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Garibaldi

Quote from: MSG Mac on November 05, 2014, 06:55:20 PM
Which Squadron. Are you in?

I WAS in Cobb County but I left after 20 some years for personal reasons.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

CadetWolf

Hello, new here! I'm a C/2nd Lt from New York City, and I've been in CAP since 2011. I was looking on here for SDA information, and decided to join.

CadetWolf

Quote from: Airplane girl on September 14, 2014, 07:29:59 PM
Hi, I'm Lauren. I joined CAP in May and now I'm a C/Amn, although I might promote to c/A1C next week.

Makoff? Is that you?

Sorry, didn't mean to post twice in a row.

dschunk

Good Day folks,

Just wanted to say hello and I am happy to be here.  I joined CAP as a a Senior Member roughly a month ago.  However, about 8 years ago I was in the Cadet programs.  I entered around when I was 13 years old.  I am in the great Green Mountain State near Burlington.  I am currently in school at Champlain College studying computer networking and cyber security.  My plan is to be employed by the US Government.  Lately I have been debating enlisting into the armed forces to get a quick start to receiving my security clearance and government ID.

I look forward having many conversations.  It is good to be here and take care folks.

Cheers,

Dave

Flying Pig

Quote from: dschunk on December 07, 2014, 09:00:55 PM
Good Day folks,

Just wanted to say hello and I am happy to be here.  I joined CAP as a a Senior Member roughly a month ago.  However, about 8 years ago I was in the Cadet programs.  I entered around when I was 13 years old.  I am in the great Green Mountain State near Burlington.  I am currently in school at Champlain College studying computer networking and cyber security.  My plan is to be employed by the US Government.  Lately I have been debating enlisting into the armed forces to get a quick start to receiving my security clearance and government ID.

I look forward having many conversations.  It is good to be here and take care folks.

Cheers,
Dave

Welcome back to CAP.  As far as the military part..... that wont matter.  If an agency hires you for your computer skills they will do their own backgrounds. Your military ID wont have any bearing.  If you want to do it as a resume booster, or simply to serve, great.  But don't do it for a "quick start" to your security clearance.

LATORRECA

Check with any 3 letter agency first, before joining.  And if you do join, do it as an officer.

EMT-83

Welcome aboard. I love Burlington in the summer, but you can have it this time of year! Keep warm up there.

Private Investigator

Quote from: dschunk on December 07, 2014, 09:00:55 PM... My plan is to be employed by the US Government.

Why not become a billionaire? You are thinking to small, walk among the giants and welcome back to CAP.  8)

Simplex

Welcome! Good luck with CAP and your career, be it military, .gov or .com!

stixco1

I am also new here & new to CAP. I was a cadet for a short time about 25 yrs ago. Joined as a SM with my son who joined as a cadet @ 12yrs old.

CAP-ppollister

Aloha from Hawaii! Im new! I have a question. Under my username it says I am a Lurker. What does that mean?

Pylon

Quote from: CAP-ppollister on December 11, 2014, 10:41:45 AM
Aloha from Hawaii! Im new! I have a question. Under my username it says I am a Lurker. What does that mean?

Aloha!

Well, now it says "Newbie" :)

Lurker is Internet parlance for somebody who reads a forum (or "lurks") but hasn't yet posted any content of their own.  Users who register are "Lurkers" until they make their first post (which you've now done! welcome to the fray) at which time they become "Newbies".

The user titles are really just a fun little aspect of the community; they're not meant to be taken seriously.  See a more complete listing of the forum titles here: http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=373.msg3394#msg3394
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JC004

Quote from: Pylon on December 11, 2014, 03:29:49 PM
The user titles are really just a fun little aspect of the community; they're not meant to be taken seriously.  See a more complete listing of the forum titles here: http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=373.msg3394#msg3394

Not meant to be taken seriously?!  But mine is important.  It's "[Insert Cool Title Here]"...

LTCinSWR

Larry Nelson, here.

I am a 35 year member, serving on the NM Wing Staff as Homeland Security Officer (Primary) and Disaster Relief Officer (Asst.). I am assigned to the Clovis - High Plains Composite Squadron, and awaiting an assignment to help this unit.

In my real life, I am a New Mexico Certified Emergency Manager and the Director of the all on-line Emergency Management degree program at Eastern New Mexico University in Portales (south of Cannon AFB and bordering on Texas). We have concentrations in Emergency Management and Fire and Emergency Services Administration.

I participated in CAPTalk several years ago and it's funny (not in a humorous way) to see some  (well, many) of the same controversies and general complaints have not changed. New names and places, same or similar situations. I do remain positive, that someday these issues will be resolved and we can move ahead.

Stay Safe!
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams

L.A. Nelson Lt. Col. CAP
Homeland Security Officer
NM Wing Headquarters

lordmonar

Quote from: LTCinSWR on January 17, 2015, 09:07:35 PM
Larry Nelson, here.

I am a 35 year member, serving on the NM Wing Staff as Homeland Security Officer (Primary) and Disaster Relief Officer (Asst.). I am assigned to the Clovis - High Plains Composite Squadron, and awaiting an assignment to help this unit.

In my real life, I am a New Mexico Certified Emergency Manager and the Director of the all on-line Emergency Management degree program at Eastern New Mexico University in Portales (south of Cannon AFB and bordering on Texas). We have concentrations in Emergency Management and Fire and Emergency Services Administration.

I participated in CAPTalk several years ago and it's funny (not in a humorous way) to see some  (well, many) of the same controversies and general complaints have not changed. New names and places, same or similar situations. I do remain positive, that someday these issues will be resolved and we can move ahead.

Stay Safe!
Hey Larry,

Did we meet?  I was  TDY to Cannon from July until Mid November and I visited your squadron a few times.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

LTCinSWR

It is quite possible we met at the Change of Command ceremony in November.

Stay Safe!
Larry
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams

L.A. Nelson Lt. Col. CAP
Homeland Security Officer
NM Wing Headquarters

lordmonar

Quote from: LTCinSWR on January 17, 2015, 10:03:46 PM
It is quite possible we met at the Change of Command ceremony in November.

Stay Safe!
Larry
Ah....then no we did not meet....I had to work late that night and missed it.

But I did enjoy my stay down there.  You got a good squadron!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Spam

I suppose I should self ID too:

Hi, y'all. Joined as cadet 1983 GAWG. I've served in FL, SC, MO, MD, CT, and back in GA, a few times as LG, AE, and CDC, three times as Sqdn/CC, once GP/CC, couple of times on Wing staffs. Ops wise, I'm a former MC, master GT and MO, working to requal as IC, and can't recall how many missions I've done since 83... some hurricanes/blizzards, the floods of 93, sixteen or so missing aircraft, some missing persons, a few military Class As, etc. as part of work. Currently assigned DCP/GAWG.

Got a wife who I first dated when I was a cadet (first date 1986: "Top Gun" - hah, nothing like up front honesty WYSIWYG with me...) and three boys, two who are now cadets. I've worked in defense aerospace all my career. The call sign I got while teaching at USNTPS (Pax River) was for being 6'4" and fitting into military cockpits like "Spam in a can - meat wall to wall", which apparently was an old joke. I was out TDY to Lord's AO for R-F 14-1 last January, and I get around to a lot of bases from Whidbey to Pax to Nellis to Tucson to you name it, so, I might see some of y'all around.

Cheers,
Spam

GA: Sandy Springs Cadet Sqdn
FL: South Brevard Comp Sqdn
SC: Aiken Comp Sqdn
MO: St Louis 1 Comp Sqdn
MD: St. Marys Comp Sqdn
CT: Wing HQ
GA: Sandy Springs, GP1, and Wing HQ

AirmanAwesome

C/Amn, Civil Air Patrol
SSCS