official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Stonewall

Quote from: Shooter on April 05, 2013, 09:38:10 PMCol. Dave Winters (former Ohio Wing Commander)

Old Dave Winters.  I knew him as an Air Force Captain (CAP Major) back in DC Wing when he was the DCP.  We got along well, and I have a story that I only tell when cadets aren't around  >:D
Serving since 1987.

Bill Posey

Ellington good memory's ,I was an member from 1982-84 and then again in 1991-94 both as a senior at the time the building was also Group 13 Headquarters and we all well remember when it was National Headquarters there should still be a place marker there on that.

Bill
William (Bill) Posey, Major, CAP
Information Technology Officer for
SWR-TX-040 & SWR-TX-451

RogueLeader

Everybody Welcome.

I do think that this post makes this thread, the longest one.  8)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

scare

ARandomCadet

Hey I'm C/AB Rainey from SWR-TX-430, Group II, Texas Wing

FlyTiger77

Quote from: cadetrainey on May 17, 2013, 11:33:00 PM
Hey I'm C/AB Rainey from SWR-TX-430, Group II, Texas Wing

Welcome to CAP and CAP Talk.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Stearmann4

Trying to mix airplanes and some personal stuff. The first is the typical "hero shot" in the Stearman, the second is a very proud moment after unstrapping from taking Harold Imler, Nomandy Beach vet for a 30 minute flight. Harold crossed Omaha Beach in the 6th wave with the 86th ID. Nevermind, I would've posted the pics if I was able to attach em'.

Mike-
Active Duty Army Aviator
Silver Wings Flying Company, LLC
Olympia Regional Airport (KOLM)
www.Silverwingsflying.com

ARandomCadet

Quote from: Stearmann4 on July 05, 2013, 08:29:28 AM
Trying to mix airplanes and some personal stuff. The first is the typical "hero shot" in the Stearman, the second is a very proud moment after unstrapping from taking Harold Imler, Nomandy Beach vet for a 30 minute flight. Harold crossed Omaha Beach in the 6th wave with the 86th ID. Nevermind, I would've posted the pics if I was able to attach em'.

Mike-
Welcome to CAPTalk! You can post pictures on here, you just need to host them on another website such as imageshack. Also you will have to copy the URL that the website gives you to share images, And put it in between the quote thingys that are put in the text when you click on a BBCode button, in this case the picture frame that is the first on the second row. Once again, welcome to CAPTalk!

FlyTiger77

Quote from: Stearmann4 on July 05, 2013, 08:29:28 AM

Mike-

Mike, I think you might know my son. I seem to recall him mentioning your name. I would ask him but he is currently preoccupied with Beast Barracks at West Point.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

BHartman007

Quote from: Shooter on April 05, 2013, 09:38:10 PM
Greetings. I'm Dan Schoessler, I've been a member of CAP for 10 years and am currently the DCC at Texas Wing's Ellington Composite Squadron near Houston, TX. For those of you who are CAP Historians, can you confirm that Ellington was at one point the location of National Headquarters for CAP? It appears to be so based on the scan of the letter of approval that Gen. Spaatz wrote authorizing the award in his name.

I've held the nickname "Shooter" ever since my first year of CAP, during which Col. Dave Winters (former Ohio Wing Commander) gave me the nickname citing that it was easier to pronounce than my surname. It stuck.

I joined the cadet program shortly before my 16th birthday and remained an active cadet all to way to my 21st birthday, earning Spaatz #1693 shortly before becoming a senior member (I had enough time for only one try at the Spaatz, so I made it count). I worked for NetJets, Inc for five years before I married Spaatz #1646 and 2009 national cadet of the year, Kate Whitacre. We moved to Houston Texas where I began employment as a IT business analyst with a global FBO network. I have since traveled to Bermuda and Brazil for work projects. Kate began working in Mission Control as a flight controller at NASA Johnson Space Center. We are happily situated about three miles away from JSC in Seabrook, Texas.

Hey ya Capt! I wondered if there were any others from 098 on here.

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

Weinstein

Hello everyone,

I am Cadet Senior Airman Weinstein (waiting on ceremony for C/SSgt) from the Coastal Charleston Composite Squadron in South Carolina.

SpitnPolish

Cadet Weinstein, glad to see you aboard. Although I am listed as a newbie, I have been on CAP-Talk since day one. I just to like to see what members are thinking about and keep a low profile. And...Congratulations on the upcoming promotion.
Rick Bowling,
Maj Gen, CAP
Commander, 2001-2004

Brad

Quote from: Weinstein on July 14, 2013, 05:24:06 PM
Hello everyone,

I am Cadet Senior Airman Weinstein (waiting on ceremony for C/SSgt) from the Coastal Charleston Composite Squadron in South Carolina.

Welcome welcome! When's your promotion? If I'm not on night shift I'll try to come by the building.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

welsh

Yes! The penultimate "me too" thread! I have rejoined CAPTalk after a 14 year hiatus.

Andrew Welsh
Capt., CAP
Webmaster http://www.nywgcadets.org/
Spaatz #1233
http://www.awelshphotography.com/

Jazjar

Hello I'm a C/A1C from VAWG who just graduated his first year of ENC and am trying for a service academy nomination or ROTC scholarship sometime in the future.
Le Char bout portant, je tire!!
Clear, Concise, and to the point.
Foxtrot Flight, Squadron 3, VAWG ENC 2013 Hoorah

luv2fly97

Cessna Man

I joined CAP a year ago. Hello
C/CMSgt Capron
Cadet Commander
Primary CAC Representative

Alaric

Quote from: C/SrA Capron on August 02, 2013, 08:26:05 PM

In response to your question on another part of the Forum, I'm also from CT, 399th Danbury Squadron

Cessna Man

Quote from: robaroth on August 05, 2013, 04:58:44 PM
Quote from: C/SrA Capron on August 02, 2013, 08:26:05 PM

In response to your question on another part of the Forum, I'm also from CT, 399th Danbury Squadron
As I said Hello Neighbor, I'm from Danielson Composite Squadron.
C/CMSgt Capron
Cadet Commander
Primary CAC Representative

BobbyPlane1022

Hello Everyone!
I've been in CAP for a little over 4 years now. I'm a new Cadet Commander at my Squadron, I've only held the position for a month. In this short time frame, I've shown outstanding Leadership to my Cadets and the Senior Members. I also have 2 years experience in AFJROTC.
CAP: C/MSgt Cadet Commander; former Flight Sgt.
AFJROTC: C/2dLT Flight Color Guard Commander, Flight Sim Officer; former Flight Sgt and Training Officer.