official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Extremepredjudice

Do we have to boost our post count everytime someone introduces themselves? Send them a PM
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

RogueLeader

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on June 01, 2012, 05:56:23 PM
Do we have to boost our post count everytime someone introduces themselves? Send them a PM

Did you really have to post. Couldn't you just send them a pm?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Struts

EP that is the whole point of this thread. And couldn't you have just PMed us like Rogue said to tell us that?

SarDragon

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on June 01, 2012, 10:54:46 PM

Says the guy with over 1,000 posts....  ::)

Mr. Fischer, I suggest that you back off, settle down, and grow up a bit. This isn't third grade. Same for you, EP.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

X2117

Evening everyone,

I just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm new to CAP talk, but not to the Civil Air Patrol. I have been a Cadet since September of 2009 and hold the grade of C/1StLt. I am the Cadet Commander of my local squadron and just got back from the GAWG 2012 Encampment last week. The only super notable events I have been to are Frostbite 2012 and Combat Controller Orientation Course 2011.

I hope to get to know a few of you on here and be able to use this resource more often.
C/1stLt, Cadet Commander
Albany Composite Squadron, GA-002
Civil Air Patrol, USAF Auxiliary

AngelWings

Quote from: X2117 on June 13, 2012, 02:07:33 AM
Evening everyone,

I just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm new to CAP talk, but not to the Civil Air Patrol. I have been a Cadet since September of 2009 and hold the grade of C/1StLt. I am the Cadet Commander of my local squadron and just got back from the GAWG 2012 Encampment last week. The only super notable events I have been to are Frostbite 2012 and Combat Controller Orientation Course 2011.

I hope to get to know a few of you on here and be able to use this resource more often.
Welcome to CAPTalk! There is a section made specifically for this type of topic:  http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=135.980

AngelWings

Quote from: AngelWings on June 13, 2012, 02:20:31 AM
Quote from: X2117 on June 13, 2012, 02:07:33 AM
Evening everyone,

Welcome to CAPTalk! There is a section made specifically for this type of topic:  http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=135.980
This post was done on a different topic, just to clarify.

X2117

Oops, my bad, Thanks for switching it for me!
C/1stLt, Cadet Commander
Albany Composite Squadron, GA-002
Civil Air Patrol, USAF Auxiliary

capsmkinsey

Hello everyone,

I recently joined CAP in May and just now have joined this forum.  I wanted to say Hello and introduce myself.  I live in Central Florida and look forward to volunteering.  I can see that this site contains some excellent information.  The best of luck to everyone.

Sincerely,
Mark

Mark Kinsey, SM, CAP

lordmonar

Welcome to CAP and CAPTalk!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Private Investigator

Welcome aboard   :clap:

Stonewall

A fellow Floridian....welcome.
Serving since 1987.

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: capsmkinsey on June 15, 2012, 05:06:05 PM
Hello everyone,

I recently joined CAP in May and just now have joined this forum.  I wanted to say Hello and introduce myself.  I live in Central Florida and look forward to volunteering.  I can see that this site contains some excellent information.  The best of luck to everyone.

Sincerely,
Mark

Mark Kinsey, SM, CAP

welcome to CAPTalk, sir.

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Pylon

Quote from: capsmkinsey on June 15, 2012, 05:06:05 PM
Hello everyone,

Sincerely,
Mark

Mark Kinsey, SM, CAP

Welcome aboard!  I hope you find some answers to questions, good ideas, and gain some knowledge from other CAPTalk members while you're here. 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Critical AOA

Just now joining CAP Talk although I have been in CAP as a Senior for about 2.5 years.  I was also a cadet back in the 1970s.   
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on June 29, 2012, 07:09:49 PM
Just now joining CAP Talk although I have been in CAP as a Senior for about 2.5 years.  I was also a cadet back in the 1970s.

welcome to CAPTalk! I have a cadet in my squadron named Vandergrift. I also call him "Vandy"  ;D

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

C/Haughey

Well, guess I should say "I'm here!"

My name is McLean Haughey out of SER-FL-089, the MacDill Aviation Cadet Squadron (MACS).

I'm currently interested in ES work (UDF Trainee) and am looking into getting my MRO/CUL. Even talking with my Wing's Communication Officer :D

Litte bout me: Started attending CAP meetings in DEC 2010, but did get paperwork processed until 08MAY11, so I'm not as far as long as I could be, but I get advanced promotion rates now so It's fine.

Well, "I'm here!"
C/2nd Lt Haughey
Cadet Commander, 089th MACS

C/Lt Col, AFJROTC
Cadet Commander, FL-20056

Garibaldi

Yep...another "I'm Here!" post.

Cadet 1981-1986 GAWG, DeKalb County Cadet Squadron 09065.
Senior Member 1992-2000 WIWG Mitchell Composite Squadron 9 48180, TDY Milwaukee Composite Squadron 5 48061, and 12th Senior Support Squadron, 48124. 2000-2006 and 2012-present, ARWG, 115th Composite Squadron, Rogers, AR.

What a long strange trip it's been.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Garibaldi

Quote from: WICAPMOM on August 22, 2005, 04:38:37 PM
Hello, I am Julie Anne or Major Sorenson (Dependant on who you are)

I have been a member of Civil Air Patrol since 1987.  I joined as a cadet at the age of 16.  You can do the math...  I am obviously a senior member now, having been a member longer than many cadets have been alive.  I am happily turning 35 in less than a week. ;)  More happily I am a mom, thus the user name.  I have 10 year old twins, 1 boy & 1 girl.  ;D

I am new to the discussion board world.  I learned of CAPtalk.net from a cadet from my area, MATT.

Hey Julie! long time no see! And it's LTC Sorenson now, I see, since this post is 7 years old.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

kurdo