official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

SHARKMAN

Hi my name is Chris, I joined CAP in 1996, Eagle Composite Squadron NM-012 or back then 30012, I was a C/1LT- membership lapsed in 2002 college became too much. I then joined IL-008 in 2006, but there was some funny business going on there, so I only attended a few times, even called the Wg commander about it, but I think nothing ever came of it. I am currently a UH-60 Blackhawk crewman, in the Army, and in my last month of a yearlong deployment in Northern Iraq. I will return home in July, and re-join one of the Sq's around Fairbanks, AK

Al Sayre

Welcome back Chris, and thank you for your service.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Kaye Downing

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kaye and I am a new senior member as of 5/26/09. I have already completed Level I and am now stodying for my Yeager.
      I have just retired for a second time (the first was from the USAF) from being a college professor. I am looking forward to many years of service with this fine organization.
      Would anyone care to pass on some advice to this FNG (Friendly New Gal) :angel:

Kaye

BrandonKea

Quote from: Kaye Downing on May 31, 2009, 12:20:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Kaye and I am a new senior member as of 5/26/09. I have already completed Level I and am now stodying for my Yeager.
      I have just retired for a second time (the first was from the USAF) from being a college professor. I am looking forward to many years of service with this fine organization.

Kaye

Hi Kaye, welcome to the Civil Air Patrol, and to CAP Talk. Sounds like you're already off to a great start with completing level 1 and studying for your Yeager. If you haven't already, get enrolled into a specialty track, and start working towards your Tech Rating there so you can complete Level 2. You'll also want to take on Squadron Leadership School (SLS) and ECI-13 as well, both are also required for Level 2. Ask a lot of questions (or use the search functions, most of us have asked a lot of the same questions before) and don't be afraid to jump into the fray! Most of all, have fun with it, CAP is a great organization, and we're lucky to have someone with as diverse a background as yours.

Welcome again!
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Kaye Downing on May 31, 2009, 12:20:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

Kaye

Welcome to both CAPTalk and CAP. From my month of experience I already love it. I have made some friends and learned new stuff. CAP also has taught me a higher level of Respect and leadership then I had previous to joining. I wish you Good luck in your CAP Jouney.

Wright Brothers #13915

Kaye Downing

Hello BrandonKea and Lunford,

Thank you for your warm words of welcome. So far I am really enjoying my CAP experience. I am in a terrific and very active squadron (Jacksonville Composite Squadron, Jacksonville, Florida) with some very friendly and helpful members. Everyone has been so nice and friendly to me. I really look forward to the weekly meeting and learning from them. I am amazed at all of the things there is to learn in this organization.
       I just finsied my on-line test for my Yeager last nite and passed that. Now I am looking at the General Emergency Services information. I chose as my first speciality the Professional Development Speciality since I am an educator.
My ultimate goal is to become an observer.
       When I first joined CAP I thought the "C" meant "Challenge" Air Patrol because there are so many things to challenge the mind and body in the organization. I really feel challenged to become a part of and to contribute to the organization.
        Thanks again for your warm welcome.

Kaye Downing

esilassy

BrandonKea

Quote from: esilassy on June 08, 2009, 04:58:18 PM
Hi, Ed From PA here.

Hi Ed, welcome to CAP Talk. Whereabouts in PA are you at?
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: esilassy on June 08, 2009, 04:58:18 PM
Hi, Ed From PA here.

Hello. Welcome to CAPTalk. Are you new to CAP?

Wright Brothers #13915

CAPC/officer125

Hello, C/Capt Temaat here. Emerald City Comp. Sq.,NCR-KS-125, is my home squadron. I am the Cadet Commander of my squadron. I have been in CAP 3 1/2 years. I just received my Earhart. I have been to 5 encampments and am attending COS this year. Of the 5 encampments I have been to, I have been on staff 4 times. That is pretty much my life in CAP right now.
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: C/Command125 on June 09, 2009, 05:18:35 AM
Hello, C/Capt Temaat here. Emerald City Comp. Sq.,NCR-KS-125, is my home squadron. I am the Cadet Commander of my squadron. I have been in CAP 3 1/2 years. I just received my Earhart. I have been to 5 encampments and am attending COS this year. Of the 5 encampments I have been to, I have been on staff 4 times. That is pretty much my life in CAP right now.

Nice. Pretty good, next year I would love to be staff at the next Encampment.

Wright Brothers #13915

esilassy

Yes, I am new, joined in March, sq 601 in Washington Pa.  Great to be here!

RogueLeader

Cool.  I got me start in Wheeling WV WV-049, almost 5 years ago.  Welecome to CAPTalk.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: esilassy on June 09, 2009, 11:12:58 PM
Yes, I am new, joined in March, sq 601 in Washington Pa.  Great to be here!

Nice. I am almost an C/Airman

Wright Brothers #13915

Sherry

Making oneself known in one place is a good way to avoid work (specifically HOMEwork) in another.   ;)

Stonewall

Quote from: Sherry on June 12, 2009, 11:51:42 PM
Making oneself known in one place is a good way to avoid work (specifically HOMEwork) in another.   ;)

Hi Sherry.

Was thinking, I'm a member of another forum that's AF related and they make all new members introduce themselves with a few specific questions like, how long have you been in CAP; rank, specialty, etc.

Wouldn't be a bad idea here.  This way we know where people are coming from.

Meh, it'll never happen.  Back to painting...
Serving since 1987.

DBlair

Quote from: Stonewall on June 13, 2009, 12:15:07 AM

Hi Sherry.

Was thinking, I'm a member of another forum that's AF related and they make all new members introduce themselves with a few specific questions like, how long have you been in CAP; rank, specialty, etc.

Wouldn't be a bad idea here.  This way we know where people are coming from.

Meh, it'll never happen.  Back to painting...

I like that idea. I'm a member of a MC site and they require the same thing- there is a standardized format which allows new site members to copy/paste and add their info. I think it can be helpful to know a bit about the member. It would be nice if this idea caught on here as well.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Mullins

Well I guess i'll start it off:

Name:  R. Mullins

Squadron: NER-NJ067--Bayshore Composite

Joined CAP: September 2007

Specialty: None yet :(

Interests: Aviation, Drill, PT, and Leadership

If any one else has any other ideas, then say them!
Cadet Senior Master Sergeant Ryan Mullins
        NJ-067 Bayshore Composite
               Bravo Flight Sergent

Gunner C

Welcome, Sherry!

rjfoxx

My name is Richard "Dick" Foxx; call sign 'Blackhawk'.  I've been lurking around here for 2 months waiting to become 'official'  I am what you could call a 'Military junkie'.  I started off right out of high school into the Army in 1965.  I left the Army in June of 1971 and in August of 1971 I joined the Air Force where I was lucky enough to gain flight status on HH-43's as the aircrew medic.  I left the Air Force in January of 1976 due to a family emergency.  Then in 1977 I joined the Army Reserve.  Unfortunately I was forced to leave after only one yaer when my employement became incompatable with my Reserve duties.  I tried again in 1980 with the Army National Guard, but again employement problems (new job, same problem) forced me out after two years.  The highest rank held up to this point was SSG (E6).  In 1983 I was introduced the local State Guard by a patient of mine who turned out to be a 2-star and the CO of the State Guard.  I was commissioned as 1st Lt and assigned to an MP battalion.  I served as the HHC Commanding Officer for 2 years and then as the battalion S-3 (Operations) for several years.  I ended my service as a Major when I moved out of state.  I have now settled in Delaware with a new job at the VA Medical Center.  I recently completed Level 1.  My tentative assignment will be as Health Service Officer but I have also started Scanner training and will be attending SLS in 2 weeks.  Sorry I got so long winded. ::)
Major Richard J Foxx, CAP
Health Service Officer - DEWG
IG Inspector - DEWG