Started by ironputts, December 08, 2021, 03:33:17 PM

ironputts

December 15, 2021

Maj. Frank J. Ross
Southeast Michigan Group
Michigan Wing

No obituary

CAP Special mention:

It is with great sadness that I share with you the passing of Major Frank Ross in late November.

Major Ross was instrumental in the resurrection of the Detroit 100th. He was passionate about the Cadet program and put a lot of energy into developing the staff. His impact at the Squadron will be felt for years to come.

Major Ross contributions went beyond the Squadron. Between 2013 and 2015 Major Ross developed and co-wrote the publication "Unit Guidelines & Procedures for Securing Funds - Development Best Practice Guide".  It provided guidance for MIWG units to seek out and secure funding from outside organizations.  His work was recognized and so well received that I've was invited to work at NHQ to publish a corporate version in 2017.

Major Ross joined Group 705 as my advisor and Finance Officer.  I enjoyed working with him and learning from him. I will miss him, as I'm sure will many of his friends at the 100th.

Mrs. Ross has shared the following arrangements, for those who wish to celebrate Frank's life.

Funeral Services for Maj Frank J Ross will be held Wednesday December 15, 2021 at the Catholic Church of Saint Moses the Black, 1125 Oakman Blvd, Detroit MI 48238.  The family hour is from 10-11am with any remarks between 10:30-11.  The funeral mass begins at 11am.  On Thursday December 16, 2021 Frank's ashes will be interred in a private ceremony at the Great Lakes National Cemetery in Holly, MI.

Sincerely,

Lt Col Mario Accardo, CAP
Commander
Southeast Michigan Group 705
Greg Putnam, Lt. Col., CAP