Signature Block

Started by pepper3, January 06, 2010, 09:53:56 PM

pepper3

How to apply my photo to the signature block
Frank R. Martell, III, 1st Lt. CAP
Tew-Mac Composite Squadron, 19012
1975 – 1990, Retired

Eclipse

One way is to make it your avatar and link back to that image.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

Another way is to host the image on an image hosting service, like photobucket or imageshack, and then drop the appropriate URL into the image tags in your signature block.

You can edit your signature by clicking on the "Profile" button at the top, going under the "Modify Profile" menu to "Forum Profile".  You can edit your signature, avatar, and other account settings there.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Dad2-4

I inserted the image address from Flikr into my signature block to change my sig picture and it doesn't show up. The pic is 498x105 and is set to "anyone can see it" on Flikr. What am I doing wrong?

SarDragon

I think you're using the wrong link to embed the image. I pulled the link out of the page source, and it goes directly to the Flikr page, and not to just the image.

[edit]
From the Flikr FAQ:

QuoteWhere is the HTML code and photo file link?

The HTML code to embed a photo in a web page that you used to find on the All Sizes page is now only in "Share this." To get to it just go to the main photo page, click "Share this", and then "Get the HTML." We now also include BBCode! (standard message board code)

There are a few cases where the code may not be available: 1) If the photo is restricted. 2) If that person has turned off "Share this" or access to original files.

The direct link to a photo file is no longer shown on the page. Per the Flickr Community Guidelines "pages on other websites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr." Linking directly to the photo file doesn't do this.

You need to use the BBCode, or extract the photo URL from the code and put it inside image tags.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Dad2-4

Finally figured it out. Thanks!

DavidB

Ok
I am having trouble editing my signature block, when I click on edit and the drop down list appears. when I go to click on the appropriate link it disappears before I can click on it, what gives?
David P. Berteau, Lt. Col. CAP
Ascension Parish Composite Squadron LGT

SarDragon

I'm not sure what you're doing, but here's how:

1. Click the Profile tab at the top of the page.

2. Under Modify Profile on the left, click Forum Profile.

3. Scroll down to Signature, and go to town.

4. When you're done, click  the Change Profile button at the bottom.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret