Main Menu

CAP Talk Avatars

Started by C/TSetser, April 02, 2012, 10:45:59 PM

C/TSetser

My fellow CAPers.... I was wondering how some of you get those little avatars of people in either BDUs or Blues with your last name, awards, and patches. I would very much like one.
Thomas Setser,
C/1st Lt, Civil Air Patrol
Valparaiso Cadet Squadron
IN-036

a2capt

Another thread somewhere, but basically it's bestowed upon you .. and it seems(ed) you had to be someone "special" because said thread says "don't take someone else and modify it". The gist was if you rated one, you'll get one.

Since the chief pixel pusher seems to have gone on, there has not been many newly minted ones in a while.

whatevah

They were made by a guy who used to be very active with the CAP forums.  He ran his own for a while until he didn't have enough free time, then CAPTalk started to replace it.  He was here as a moderator and would make the avatars for people if they'd been around for a little while but he hasn't been active on here for a little while.

They aren't that difficult to make if you have a little experience with photoshop or a similar program, though.  The hard part is getting the BDU portion right.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Eclipse

Quote from: whatevah on April 03, 2012, 03:10:07 AMThey aren't that difficult to make if you have a little experience with photoshop or a similar program, though.  The hard part is getting the BDU portion right.

Aren't we still operating under the "don't make your own copies rule" out of respect?

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on April 03, 2012, 03:22:11 AM
Quote from: whatevah on April 03, 2012, 03:10:07 AMThey aren't that difficult to make if you have a little experience with photoshop or a similar program, though.  The hard part is getting the BDU portion right.

Aren't we still operating under the "don't make your own copies rule" out of respect?
Can't we make something original?
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

whatevah

Reason for no copies is that they were all unique to the person. He didn't just use the same one for everybody. I'd be annoyed if you just made a copy of mine...
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Major Carrales

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454