Main Menu

RSS feed not working

Started by disamuel, February 15, 2011, 12:03:56 AM

disamuel

Hi-

Google Reader stopped displaying the CapTalk RSS feed sometime on Saturday afternoon. This happened last summer and it took a few weeks to restart. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks-

a2capt

Saturday afternoon is when the login cookie was purportedly 'fixed' (only time will tell), perhaps RSS got knocked off at the same time.

whatevah

The fix for the cookie problem should not affect Google if their RSS bots are following their own published rules.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

disamuel

Just fyi the RSS feeds are still not working as of 4 March. I really miss it. I've tried deleting it from my reader and resubscribing but still nothing.

Eclipse

I don't see an RSS icon on the "unread posts" screen anymore.

"That Others May Zoom"

disamuel

I'm probably the only board member who cares about this issue, but the RSS feed that I user to keep up with CapTalk using Google Reader seems to be working intermittently now. I am getting about five posts a day showing up in my reader. Before this recent breakthrough it hasn't worked at all since February.

I know that there is probably nothing that the mods can do, but I thought it was an interesting development.