SpaceShipTwo - Test Flight 'anomaly'

Started by a2capt, October 31, 2014, 06:40:12 PM

a2capt

http://www.space.com/27617-virgin-galactic-spaceshiptwo-test-flight-anomaly.html

First time in 9 months for the rocket motor, with other test flights being glide, non-rocket powered operations, also with a fuel composition change from a rubber base to a plastic base, on it's first test flight.

..still seems like just yesterday when I got the chance to climb inside SpaceShipOne on the day it did it's first actual test flight. But it's been 10 years.

Майор Хаткевич

Reports of one fatality and one injury.

MacGruff

The video shows the tail section in pieces on the ground. Not good.

Then there is the red parachute surrounded by yellow tape, and definitely not moving. Not good at all.

NIN

Quote from: MacGruff on October 31, 2014, 11:03:59 PM
The video shows the tail section in pieces on the ground. Not good.

Then there is the red parachute surrounded by yellow tape, and definitely not moving. Not good at all.

The red parachute was not moving because the pilot who hit the silk had already been transported by helicopter to the hospital.  It is an inanimate object.

The other pilot was unable to escape.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

MacGruff

Yeah....  at the time I saw the video, it was not clear if that was the pilot who survived ... or not...   :'(

:-[