Main Menu

Photo ID Card Question

Started by flyboy76, March 27, 2010, 02:43:20 PM

Short Field

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on March 28, 2010, 02:56:58 PM
if a member stops showing up for meetings & doesn't return our calls or emails we should asked for the ID card back and if we don't comply we should notify the base security to take the card and deny access to the individual IF they come to the gate.   
Be careful as the most probably result of a request to security to take a CAP member's card would be for them to STOP allowing access to CAP members based on their CAP membership card.  Don't expect base security to start checking every CAP member to see if their name is on a "denied access" list.  It becomes too manpower intensive.   

Also don't expect a non-active member to turn in his ID card.  I can guess the answer to that request.   :o
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

tsrup

Quote from: Short Field on March 29, 2010, 12:27:57 AM
if a member stops showing up for meetings & doesn't return our calls or emails we should asked for the ID card back and if we don't comply we should notify the base security to take the card and deny access to the individual IF they come to the gate.   
Be careful as the most probably result of a request to security to take a CAP member's card would be for them to STOP allowing access to CAP members based on their CAP membership card.  Don't expect base security to start checking every CAP member to see if their name is on a "denied access" list.  It becomes too manpower intensive.   

Also don't expect a non-active member to turn in his ID card.  I can guess the answer to that request.   :o

It may or may not be a good idea (on the OPSEC side) to not further discuss where a CAP ID can get you and how you can abuse it.
Those who have them know the rules, it does not need to be further advertised in public forum.
Paramedic
hang-around.

jimmydeanno

My last unit met on a base and security forces/security company had no problem with us asking them to prohibit certain people from entering the base.  If anything, they appreciated it.

We had to provide a base access list, and if you weren't on it, they wouldn't let you in...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Short Field

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 29, 2010, 12:46:42 AM
We had to provide a base access list, and if you weren't on it, they wouldn't let you in...
Total opposite of what RM was talking about.  A base access list is common for a lot of groups.  However, RM is basically saying that if they are not on the list, then they are good to enter.

You have by-name access to the base.  RM has by-organization access to the base which they would probably change to by-name if you tell them there are people in your organization that you don't want on the base and you want them to police it for you.
Wilson #2640

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: tsrup on March 29, 2010, 12:33:08 AM
It may or may not be a good idea (on the OPSEC side) to not further discuss where a CAP ID can get you and how you can abuse it.

Not the worst idea.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Quote from: CyBorg on March 29, 2010, 02:36:05 AM

Not the worst idea.

Yep, always makes me hinky when we start talking specifics or "suggestions".

"That Others May Zoom"

Rotorhead

Quote from: Short Field on March 29, 2010, 12:27:57 AM

Those who have them know the rules, it does not need to be further advertised in public forum.
Here we go again with the Secret Squirrel stuff.

Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

juicedude10

Do cadets get ID cards for bases? Or what do they get?  I'm thinking of joining and just wondering..

spacecommand

As mentioned procedures vary, the best place is just asking the Unit Commander of the squadron you plan on joining directly.

Short Field

Cadets get CAP ID cards.  Some bases allow members access based on their CAP ID card.  Other bases require CAP members entering a base to be on an access letter.  It just depends on what is going on in your area.  Ask your unit commander.
Wilson #2640

mynetdude

if the CAP Photo picture ID card is not valid without the CAP provided card, why do we still have the photo ID card then? You still need to present BOTH for it to be valid kind of makes it a moot point and just spinning the wheels.

Eclipse

Quote from: mynetdude on April 24, 2010, 03:41:04 AM
if the CAP Photo picture ID card is not valid without the CAP provided card, why do we still have the photo ID card then? You still need to present BOTH for it to be valid kind of makes it a moot point and just spinning the wheels.

The photo ID is valid by itself.

"That Others May Zoom"

mynetdude

Quote from: Eclipse on April 24, 2010, 04:08:19 AM
Quote from: mynetdude on April 24, 2010, 03:41:04 AM

The photo ID is valid by itself.

for some reason that is what I initially thought until I read somewhere confusingly that the photo ID wasn't valid without the CAP provided ID.  Thanks for clarifying.

Eclipse

Quote from: mynetdude on April 24, 2010, 04:36:06 AM
for some reason that is what I initially thought until I read somewhere confusingly that the photo ID wasn't valid without the CAP provided ID.  Thanks for clarifying.

You may be thinking of the old CAPF 19 which was a 101-card-like photo ID that indicated it was not valid without the library card.

"That Others May Zoom"