Female bluea trousers no belt loops

Started by J2H, February 26, 2018, 11:12:38 PM

J2H

My daughter has a pair of Patriot USAf certified blues trousers (100% poly) but they have no belt loops at all. Is this common, does she just not wear a belt?
SSgt Jeffrey Hughes, Squadron NCO
Glenn L. Martin Composite Squadron MD-031

PHall

Yep, she doesn't wear a belt with those trousers. The Uniform Manual is your friend...

kwe1009

Also she needs to wear the correct shirt with those pants.  See CAPM 39-1 pages 50-51.

J2H

I looked through the 39-1 and didn't see anything about pants with no belt loops.

Vegas1972

Quote from: PHall on February 27, 2018, 02:07:08 AM
Yep, she doesn't wear a belt with those trousers. The Uniform Manual is your friend...

Actually,  the "friendly Uniform Manual" to which you must be referring says she probably shouldn't wear those trousers (slacks) at all.   It uses the "will" statement..."will have... and a waistband with five belt loops."

from CAPM 39-1 26 JUNE 2014

"4.1.10.7. Slacks. Slacks will be blue and fit naturally over the hips with no bunching at the
waist or bagging at the seat. The bottom front of the slack legs will rest on the front of the shoe, boot or
on top of the foot if wearing pumps, with a slight break in the crease. The back of the slack legs will be
approximately ⅞ inch longer than the front. The slacks will be tailored, straight hanging, with no flare at
the bottom or additional alterations to further taper the leg. They will have a center fly-front opening and
front and back waist darts, two one-quarter top side pockets, and a waistband with five belt loops. The
slacks material will be 100% polyester, polyester wool tropical, or wool blend with a serge weave. The
slacks material will match the service dress coat in both fabric and shade. "
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.", Sgt. John M. Stryker.

J2H

These trousers were given to her by the Squadron, so I would assume they would be appropriate

Vegas1972

Quote from: J2H on February 27, 2018, 07:55:10 PM
These trousers were given to her by the Squadron, so I would assume they would be appropriate

Nobody will generally be checking for belt loops.   As to appropriate or not...a lot of people are working from "Friendly Uniform Manuals" that have been superceded in the past couple of decades.   
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.", Sgt. John M. Stryker.

J2H

I can try to get them switched out... maybe they just had those in her size?  Very tall and very skinny