Main Menu

Hunter Orange MOLLE Vest

Started by Samex, January 17, 2014, 06:20:34 PM

Spaceman3750

I prefer long sleeves most of the time but other than that I agree.

Jaison009

Eclipse I am beyond shocked that no one has replied to your suggestion. When you posted it I thought I heard the sound that a steak makes when it hits the grill and was just going to sit back and watch before I weighed in. Guess I was wrong on the response from CT to your suggestion.

Quote from: Eclipse on February 07, 2014, 03:43:09 PM
Quote from: Jaison009 on February 07, 2014, 03:38:38 PM
Not advertising for them but I just checked the website http://www.dutyapparel.com and it is up and the hi viz vest is now showing there.

Wow, I love this shirt!  I may grab one for mototcycle teaching.

Seriously, there's our field uniform - we'd look so much more professional in that shirt and these pants
and they'd be so much more functional.

Eclipse

I think a lot of us have "uniform conversation fatique", and most would agree that anything functional and uniform especially in the field, would be better then the mess we have now.

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

Well, I'll chime in. I think most of us agree that wearing BDUs for ES, especially GSAR and UDF, it's not very practical. And it looks odd when several members are wearing different sets of uniforms (BDU, BBDU, etc.) during a mission, especially when operating with other agencies. If we can't agree on the best uniform for CAP in general (i.e. AF-style vs. corporate, etc.), we should at least come up with a field uniform that meets the requirements of the types of missions CAP is tasked to do. Cost and availability, as always, must be considered. But a more practical uniform for field conditions would be a welcome addition to our existing uniform combinations.

GroundHawg

I sell these packs and many different orange molle pouches at my gun store. I offered local squadrons to purchase them, or any other CAP related items at cost.... Not one taker yet. The hunters, local fire department, and SAR teams love them though.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

pascocap2002

Quote from: GroundHawg on February 16, 2014, 03:00:23 AM
I sell these packs and many different orange molle pouches at my gun store. I offered local squadrons to purchase them, or any other CAP related items at cost.... Not one taker yet. The hunters, local fire department, and SAR teams love them though.

Those are quite nice!! I am the founder a non-profit org that performs disaster relief worldwide and would like to see more of what you have that we could use. High viz stuff is always great in disaster areas.

Quote from: Samex on January 26, 2014, 04:52:53 PM
I apologize for the delay in getting back to everyone.  We have verified the requirements under ANSI/ISEA 107-2010 Class 2 Garments.  I want to confirm that our Duty Apparel hi-vis yellow/lime MOLLE vest exceeds the minimum requirements.  The vests will have the prescribed ANSI/ISEA 107-2010 label indicating that it is compliant with the regulations.

We are also currently working on the hydration bladder design and should have information on that shortly.  As mentioned in my earlier posts, the vests and various pouches should be in stock in March of 2014 and available through our websites at www.onduty.ca or www.dutyapparel.com

If you have any further questions, comments or suggestions for pouches please let me know.

Thank you

Roger Rondeau
On Duty Equipment Ltd

Roger, will you be offering CAP discounts to members and units purchasing from you? This would certainly help the units and members purchase items for CAP specific missions and allow you to know that your helping to save lives.

RickyP

It's about time someone came up with this vest. I hope it with the pouches don't get crazy expensive.

Samex

Hello everyone.  My apologies for taking so long to post updates.  We just returned from the Toronto Sportsman Show.  Our hunting MOLLE vest and pouches were a huge success.  We had our hi-vis yellow vest on display as well which generated allot of interest from police, construction companies and SAR units.  As I mentioned in previous posts, the hi-vis yellow vest is $84.95.  The pouches vary in price from $8.95 to $25.95.  The pants and hi-vis golf shirt that you have added to the post are our brand as well - Duty Apparel.  We sell allot of these to emergency services, airline ground crews, security companies.  They are very comfortable to wear, durable and very practical. 

As far as offering a discount, yes, we would be able to offer a discount to CAP members.  I have been involved with emergency services for 27 years and I know what it's like to have the right equipment to do the job.  This is how my company was started.  I got tired of wearing uniforms and using products that were not suitable for the work we do.

If anyone has specific questions or want to discuss bulk orders please email me direct at info@onduty.ca   

I also want to update everyone on the hydration bladder option.  We have secured a bladder supplier and currently tweeking the pouch that will attach to the back of the vest.  The pouch will have the reflective X on it so it blends in over the existing X to ensure safety compliance.  We should have our pre production samples in about 3 weeks.  If all is good then we will be going into production right away.  It usually takes 8 weeks from production sample approval to delivery in our warehouse.

If anyone has any further questions please don't hesitate!

Regards,

Roger Rondeau

On Duty Equipment Ltd - Duty Apparel

Jaison009

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Quote from: pascocap2002 on February 16, 2014, 06:36:13 AM
Quote from: GroundHawg on February 16, 2014, 03:00:23 AM

Those are quite nice!! I am the founder a non-profit org that performs disaster relief worldwide and would like to see more of what you have that we could use. High viz stuff is always great in disaster areas.

Quote from: Samex on January 26, 2014, 04:52:53 PM
I apologize for the delay in getting back to everyone.  We have verified the requirements under ANSI/ISEA 107-2010 Class 2 Garments.  I want to confirm that our Duty Apparel hi-vis yellow/lime MOLLE vest exceeds the minimum requirements.  The vests will have the prescribed ANSI/ISEA 107-2010 label indicating that it is compliant with the regulations.

We are also currently working on the hydration bladder design and should have information on that shortly.  As mentioned in my earlier posts, the vests and various pouches should be in stock in March of 2014 and available through our websites at www.onduty.ca or www.dutyapparel.com

If you have any further questions, comments or suggestions for pouches please let me know.

Thank you

Roger Rondeau
On Duty Equipment Ltd

Roger, will you be offering CAP discounts to members and units purchasing from you? This would certainly help the units and members purchase items for CAP specific missions and allow you to know that your helping to save lives.

SARDOC

SAMEX,

Thanks for the update to include the cost of the pouches.  Is there anyway you can provide a picture of the front of the vest, images of the pouch selection (even if the wrong color)...more information would be helpful in determining prices. 

♠SARKID♠

I'm not a vest person, but that thing is nice!

GroundHawg

The second pack is available in 3 sizes, (25,45,75 liters) and there is more to come. I have some of the accessory pouches now, and they are awesome.

Jaison009

Maybe you guys could come up with some hi-viz webgear/suspenders and web belt. I love my load bearing vest I wore as a cadet when ground pounding (too fat and it looks weird with blue bdus now). Would love to have one that was ANSI compliant and could be worn instead of a ruck, backpack or MOLLE vest. I'm sure there are a few others including PD that wear suspenders and belts that might be interested.

arajca

Quote from: GroundHawg on March 10, 2014, 05:28:17 PM
The second pack is available in 3 sizes, (25,45,75 liters) and there is more to come. I have some of the accessory pouches now, and they are awesome.
Do you have an online presence for your store?

GroundHawg

Quote from: arajca on March 11, 2014, 06:05:42 PM
Quote from: GroundHawg on March 10, 2014, 05:28:17 PM
Do you have an online presence for your store?

Only for my firearms sales right now. I am looking into adding my other gear soon. It is finally (2 years now) taking off the way I had planned.

043ES

I like this vest, I miss my PLCE vest, which this design reminds me a lot of. I'm looking forward to this becoming available!

Samex

Good afternoon everyone,

A quick update on the hi-vis MOLLE vest.  We have been redesigning the hydration bladder feature and it's taking a bit longer than was hoped.  We now have a design that we are pleased with.  We are currently conducting some testing to make sure all fits and works properly.  We anticipate to have the hi-vis yellow and hi-vis orange with hydration bladder option in stock mid May.   Once we complete the testing, I will post a picture for all to see.

Thank you for your continued feedback!

Regards

Roger Rondeau
On Duty Equipment Ltd - Duty Apparel

brent.teal

Brent Teal, Captain. CAP
NER-PA-102 Deputy Commander, Communications officer, or whatever else needs doing.

Storm Chaser

What's the status on the hi-vis orange MOLLE vest? The dutyapparel.com website still says it's coming soon. Is there a date?