Main Menu

Volunteer magazine

Started by flyguy06, December 21, 2009, 10:20:48 PM

flyguy06

I just got the new "Volunteer" magazine. Love the cover.

Майор Хаткевич

I haven't received one since renewing in October...

davidsinn

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on December 21, 2009, 10:32:40 PM

I got mine today. They went to a quarterly format so October would be about right.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: davidsinn on December 22, 2009, 12:06:43 AM
Quote from: USAFaux2004 on December 21, 2009, 10:32:40 PM

I got mine today. They went to a quarterly format so October would be about right.

So they went from monthly newspaper (12) to bimonthly magazine (6) to quarterly magazine (4)? I bet they are charging the same $25 for it too, eh?

SarDragon

That $25 is the "value price". We charge that much for outside subscriptions, and it's somewhat of an arbitrary price. We don't pay that much as a part of our dues.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

Maybe with less issues, they'll vet the contents a little more and put in less sensationalized and borderline fake stuff.

flyguy06

Boy, this sure did get off track from what I intended it to be.  ;D

Lancer

Simply saying 'I love the cover.' is not going to cause the intended reaction you are looking for Mike. Maybe if you would have been a little more direct in your subject line,  like 'Tuskegee Airmen make the cover of Volunteer Magazine' people would know the direction you were looking to take this thread.

flyguy06

Quote from: Lancer on December 22, 2009, 02:07:32 AM
Simply saying 'I love the cover.' is not going to cause the intended reaction you are looking for Mike. Maybe if you would have been a little more direct in your subject line,  like 'Tuskegee Airmen make the cover of Volunteer Magazine' people would know the direction you were looking to take this thread.

Thank you Mark. Please forgive me. Actually, What I liked was the article about COL Boyd.

davidsinn

I only skimmed the magazine last night but it does look to have some pretty good articles. Some really awesome pics too.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn