Main Menu

BOG Meeting

Started by Smokey, June 28, 2009, 12:00:54 AM

Smokey

According to the last BOG minutes, they were supposed to meet 3 Jun.  I did not see an agenda in e-services (shocking I know).  Did they meet?  Does anyone know what if anything happened?
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

FW

Yes, they met on 3 June in Washington, DC.  They discussed the audit, budget, our investments, the presentations of the CAP/EX and CAP/CC and, heard a presentation about legal matters, employee issues and MARB actions. The meeting lasted about 4 hours.  There were no major policy decisions made I can remember and, CAP "life" is unchanged.

Basicly the same agenda as in all other meetings.  The minutes of the meeting will probably be on the website in a couple of months. 

It is interesting to note, I don't remember the BOG agenda ever being posted on e-services.

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: FW on June 28, 2009, 02:31:54 AM
Yes, they met on 3 June in Washington, DC.  They discussed the audit, budget, our investments, the presentations of the CAP/EX and CAP/CC and, heard a presentation about legal matters, employee issues and MARB actions. The meeting lasted about 4 hours.  There were no major policy decisions made I can remember and, CAP "life" is unchanged.
Interesting you say "life goes on changed" because the last figures for the upcoming FY10 budget showed a $4.4 million budget reduction& another $3.1 million in unfunded communications equipment purchases.
RM

Eclipse

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on June 28, 2009, 06:44:18 PM
Quote from: FW on June 28, 2009, 02:31:54 AM
Interesting you say "life goes on changed" because the last figures for the upcoming FY10 budget showed a $4.4 million budget reduction& another $3.1 million in unfunded communications equipment purchases.
RM

Welcome to life in a pseudo-governmental-military-esque organization in a time of "war taxes" and a recession.

Budget management is just business as usual.  What's nice is not having the last-minute, non-agenda votes, and the other background "excitement" of (recent) days gone by.

"That Others May Zoom"