Main Menu

We did MDMP today

Started by flyguy06, April 06, 2009, 06:42:49 PM

flyguy06

Today at Guard drill, we did MDMP(military Decision Making Process)  to write the OPORD for an upcomming training event. It was fun. It taught me a lot about planning and making courses of actions(COA's), then weighing the pros and cons of each COA and choosing one. We used the Commanders criteria in making our decisions. His criteria must be facotred into everything we do.

I ama new Company Commander and all the Company Commanders and primary staff officers gathered at Batalion HQ to do this. It was run by the Battalion S3. I leanred a lot

CAP units could learn a lot from using the MDMP. I think it would help in organizing and structuring

ColonelJack

............................ sitting here, stunned into silence by all the acronyms ...........................

Could you repeat that in English, please?   ;D

(just kidding of course)

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

RogueLeader

Sounds like fun.  wish I could have been there.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JAFO78

Sounds like something we all should do.
JAFO

tarheel gumby

Haven't done that since I was in the SDF  ;D
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

Cecil DP

I would have thought that was a subject that should be covered in OBC or the Advanced course.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

flyguy06

Quote from: Cecil DP on April 07, 2009, 06:56:01 AM
I would have thought that was a subject that should be covered in OBC or the Advanced course.

It waas taught in OBC which I did 8 years ago. Doesnt mean I mastered it., What you learn in a schoolhouse setting is totally different than what you learn in the real world.

You should always be learning something. The person who thinks they know it all is sadly mistaken

Flying Pig

What is your MOS?  Or what are you "Branched"?  I forgot what the Army calls it. 

flyguy06

The army calls it boht. Enlisted folks have MOS's and Officers have Branches. I am an 11A(Infantry) but currently I am in a branch immaterial position. I havent done Infantry stiff since I got home from iraq in 2006. I wlll save that for the young guys

Cecil DP

Quote from: flyguy06 on April 07, 2009, 12:02:11 PM
Quote from: Cecil DP on April 07, 2009, 06:56:01 AM

It waas taught in OBC which I did 8 years ago. Doesnt mean I mastered it., What you learn in a schoolhouse setting is totally different than what you learn in the real world.

You should always be learning something. The person who thinks they know it all is sadly mistaken
So you're saying you haven't used the lesson since you had the class and had to relearn it. 
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Maj Ballard

I don't think he said that at all. Ever heard of a "refresher"?
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

Cecil DP

Quote from: Captain B on April 08, 2009, 11:17:37 PM
I don't think he said that at all. Ever heard of a "refresher"?

His phrasing led me to believe that it was something entirely new to him and his fellow company grade officers
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

flyguy06

sorry if my "phrasing" led you to believe that. No I have experience with MDMP. My post was really just an expression of how much I enjoyed it that weekend. And yes, I do wish more CAP leaders would use it in planning actitivites. It works

RiverAux

Probably none have heard of it.  You should offer to give a presentation on it at the next wing conference or commanders call. 

flyguy06

I would love to. Actually I wouldlove to give a class to cvadets on how to conduct a staff meting. its a very formal process and its neat