Main Menu

9/11

Started by Smokey, September 11, 2008, 05:53:49 PM

Smokey

First of all......a minute of silence in memory of all those murdered on 9/11.

Today's AVweb flash has one of the photos taken by NYWG CAP on 9/12 of the WTC in the lead story.

On this day, besides remembering those of my fellow emergency personnel who perished in sacrifice to save others, I'd like us all to think about how CAP can do our part to insure the security of our nation - our missions for America.

Now, "Let's Roll."
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

JoeTomasone

As someone about to board a commercial flight, all I can add is:

Semper Vigilans.

MitchCat

Ditto that, Smokey! Amen!
Catherine "Cat" G. Sedy, C/TSgt, CAP
Bravo Flight Sergeant
Peninsula Composite Squadron, PCR-WA-051
Encampment Honor Cadet, CFXIII Summer 2008
Ground and Urban Direction Finding Team Task O-0102-3-f: ...Sleep whenever possible.

Chappie

Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

stratoflyer

Truly, a day to remember.

Let us, those who work with the young, share with them the significance of this day.

Semper Vigilans
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

Major Carrales

History will long remember 11 Sept 2001.  It is one of those turning points that marks the difference between how something "once was" and "how it has become."

We must always remember that a society must be vigilant against that which might destroy it.  All was changed by those acts.  We are at a point where we risk losing sight of that...the political fog, the haze of time and the continued fights that often occupy our time.

We need not have jingoism, we need not hate anyone... but we simply must remember that those that sleep in the false security of "it can't happen to me, it can't happen here" may find the awakening a rude and traumatic one.

NEVER forget is as poignant as NEVER AGAIN!!!  We are part of the latter part based on the drive of the former.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

davedove

Quote from: Major Carrales on September 12, 2008, 04:25:18 AM
... but we simply must remember that those that sleep in the false security of "it can't happen to me, it can't happen here" may find the awakening a rude and traumatic one.

Which I believe is exactly what happened to us that day.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

citizensoldier

Quote from: davedove on September 12, 2008, 11:31:55 AM
Quote from: Major Carrales on September 12, 2008, 04:25:18 AM
... but we simply must remember that those that sleep in the false security of "it can't happen to me, it can't happen here" may find the awakening a rude and traumatic one.

Which I believe is exactly what happened to us that day.

It is however even now fading from the collective thought.  I was lowering the National Colors to half staff at work yesterday and someone older than me asked why I am doing it and I am 38.  Sad.

CS
Mt. Hood Composite Squadron 1987-1989
SSG Stillwater Composite Squadron 2008-2009
SSGBroken Arrow Composite Squadron FEB 2009-Present
SGT OKARNG 08 APR 1988-23 JUN 2009